Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I have the same problem with a Dark Hero MB, Been working fine for the last year, but a couple of weeks ago I started getting the no start from power button unless I completely discharge power. Start switch on MB is always white when this happens. System is used daily, turned on when I get home from work, turned off when I go to bed.

It doesn't happen every time, might get 4 days starts, 2 days doesn't.

System specs:

Dark Hero MB Bios 3801
    Ryzen 5900x
    Gskill F4-4000c16d032gtzna Trident Z Neo
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply

I've had Asus boards for years, But having read how they are dealing with this and sending out refurbed boards as replacement for a premium priced MB, I doubt I will ever buy their products again.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Justabit_discom View Post
    I have the same problem with a Dark Hero MB, Been working fine for the last year, but a couple of weeks ago I started getting the no start from power button unless I completely discharge power. Start switch on MB is always white when this happens. System is used daily, turned on when I get home from work, turned off when I go to bed.

It doesn't happen every time, might get 4 days starts, 2 days doesn't.

System specs:

Dark Hero MB Bios 3801
    Ryzen 5900x
    Gskill F4-4000c16d032gtzna Trident Z Neo
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply

I've had Asus boards for years, But having read how they are dealing with this and sending out refurbed boards as replacement for a premium priced MB, I doubt I will ever buy their products again.
    This is interesting, and concerning. I have a Dark Hero I bought from New Egg in January 2021. The part number indicates it was manufactured in China. I don't know if that makes any difference with this particular problem. I have never experienced this start up problem and thought maybe my board was not affected. The more posts I read about this, It seems that this issue is not limited to just the Dark Hero as there are reports of the regular X570 Hero doing this and also a few reports of other series of boards. Now I have to wonder if I dodged this bullet or if it just hasn't happened yet. Between this and the Z690 backwards capacitor fiasco, I am really losing confidence in Asus products. The choices are pretty limited and I am not impressed with Gigabyte, MSI, or Asrock.

Moderator Array

Hi all,
    If you have the startup issue when using the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard, please try with other PSU and describe the issue in details.
    I'll contact you and arrange the repair for you via PM.
    If you have the similar issue when using other motherboard model, please create a new thread for discussing.
    Thank you so much.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 03-18-2022 at 12:55 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    If you have the startup issue when using the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard, please describe the issue in details.
    If you have the similar issue when using other motherboard model, please create a new thread for discussing.
    Thank you so much.
    ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    EVGA 850 PSU
    RTX 3080

Having the exact same issue as the original post.

Sometimes when I press the power button nothing happens, power button on motherboard, nothing happens.

Turn off PSU for 10 seconds until power goes from board, switching back and then pressing the case button and motherboard boots.

Have just updated to bios 4006. Same intermittent problem.

ROG Junior Member Array Jaspa57 PC Specs
    Jaspa57 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage Extreme/U3.1
    Processor5960X
    Memory (part number)gskill F4-2666C16Q2-64GRB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Geforce GTX 980TI
    MonitorSamsung T260HD
    Storage #1Samsung 830 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GTX
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chroma
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterVerozon FIOS

I have the same issue on a new Crosshair Hero Dark Hero VIII I installed recently. I would say I have to shut power supply of first to get it to boot from power button about 40% of the time.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,
    If you have the startup issue when using the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO motherboard, please describe the issue in details.
    Thank you so much.
    Turn machine on and run for a while
    Turn machine off for a while
    Attempt to turn machine on
    Remove power from power supply, add power back, machine can turn back on

This has been been my issue since getting the motherboard back in February.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,
    Thank you so much.
    I also have this issue with that exact board. Every morning the same thing:

1) Press power button
    2) Nothing happens
    3) Switch power on the PSU off and back on
    4) Press power button
    5) PC boots up as expected

New ROGer Array

i have just recently started having a very similar issue with my dark hero :|

After leaving the computer on for a while, let's say an hour?, not using it... i come back and my monitor is asleep. The keyboard lights will not respond, and pc will not wake. The PC itself is not asleep, i believe as it is set to never sleep or hibernate.

unlugged keyboard from switching hub and plugged into motherboard, in hopes of 'jogging' it awake. no change.

opened case and pressed START button on motherboard, no change. This should behave like a front panel power button press right?
    Pressed reset button on motherboard, no change. This should force a reset, right?
    held one or the other for 5-10 seconds, no change. not sure if this does anything?
    front power button long press - no change. Windows is set to shut down computer with power button press.

only thing that shuts down the PC is killing the PSU switch at the back.
    I, however, do not have issues starting up the PC. It starts 100% of the time.
    having said all of that, the switch on the front of the case might be a bit dodgy? always has been since i got it (lian-li 011d-xl) a year or more ago. It seems like it works more reliably towards the bottom... the problem described above however is very recent, and has never happened previously.

Is this something brought on by the recent BIOS update(s) perhaps? or is this the same HW issue noted in this thread manifesting in a different way?
    Sure doesn't feel like a software thing, given that the motherboard button presses do nothing.

i have not been able to intentionally reproduce this, however it does seem to be fairly reproducible as it happened this morning when switching back to home PC from work PC, and once last night when returnign to the PC from watching a movie, and during the day when switching PCs again.
    I've tried telling the computer to sleep, and it wakes fine.
    i've told it to turn off the monitor after 1 minute, and it turns back on via usb input no problem.

Any ideas?

EDIT: running BIOS 4006 Settings: ... docp enabled with qvl ram, NO amd PBO enabled or overclocking cpu, onboard audio off, ERP on S5 if i recall... has been the same for the entire year.

system is otehrwise stable. no crashing. Running fully up to date windows 11, fwiw

EDIT#2. i updated NZXT cam yesterday. last update had some stability issues... have a bad feeling that may be the cause. I've killed the process, and will wait / see if the issue recurs today.

EDIT#3 my issue is NZXT CAM related. Apologies for the thread spam
    Last edited by Momonucleosis; 03-17-2022 at 11:15 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I too have this issue

Hi all,
    Thank you so much.
    I had bought my ROG Dark Hero VIII in late January from Amazon; the box says it was manufactured 2021-12 in Vietnam.

I have the exact same issue described by OP; PC is on everything is fine. After the PC is off for a while, the power button won't work anymore and the system won't power on. Then I toggle the PSU switch for 2-3 seconds or until the remaining LED lights turn off (i.e. the START button); and only then does the system power on and boot up.

I've tried some of the C4/C5 powerstate "fixes" as well and that doesn't make a difference here.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX750

Please help me start the replacement process STARRAIN@ROG ( I will also DM you )
    Last edited by compuwiz; 03-16-2022 at 06:13 PM.

New ROGer Array

problem still there

Replaced my PSU with the ASUS ROG THOR 1200W, problem still persists.
    My ram is listed on the dark hero website
    3080 geforce
    asus dark hero
    ryzen 5900x

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast