Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Decoris View Post
    I've been having the same exact issue since last summer when I built my new machine.

- Dark Hero VIII
    - Ryzen 5900x
    - EVGA 3090 FTW3
    - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB F4-3600C14Q-64GTZR
    - Corsair HX Series HX1200 ATX

For what it's worth I also have a Cooler Master H500M, which includes a hub controller for RGB. A lot of these posts seem to be pretty similar in terms of hardware.......
    That's true, I had this issue, and I was running a similar setup.
    Dark Hero
    Ryzen 5950x
    MSI 3090
    Corsair 3600 cl14 ram 16x4
    Corsair HX1200i

Currently swapped Dark Hero with MSI X570S ACE MAX, and the setup is running well with the identical rest of the components, no sleep/startup issues, no hard PSU power cycle required to startup anymore. I wonder if the PSU is the factor here. Since you mentioned that you are using an HX1200. (not HX1200i, but it should be similar, I think)

I just purchased 5800X3D and set up another machine with 5800X3D with the Dark Hero (the one I have this startup issue). The PSU I used there is an EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G3, running an EVGA 3080 ti. Nost sure if I will run into the same issue since the machine just got put together this weekend.
    Last edited by gpc2022; 05-08-2022 at 11:10 PM.

New ROGer Array

The temperatures are rising and with that, unfortunately, also the wake problem.

I hope Asus will hurry with the replacement program.
    Last edited by Xairoo; 05-12-2022 at 06:22 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by gpc2022 View Post
    That's true, I had this issue, and I was running a similar setup.

I just purchased 5800X3D and set up another machine with 5800X3D with the Dark Hero (the one I have this startup issue). The PSU I used there is an EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G3, running an EVGA 3080 ti. Nost sure if I will run into the same issue since the machine just got put together this weekend.

Silly me, the same issue occurred.

ROG Junior Member Array

Exclamation It baffles me how this issue is still not resolved.

Dear moderators,

Please stop asking people for specs etc and regurgitating the same information and troubleshooting tips. The issue is with THE BOARD ITSELF. The community has already concluded this, not the PSU, RAM or anything else.

I've always bought high end ASUS boards and recommended them to friends. This unfortunately stops today. Really disappointing that pretty much a year later this has not been addressed by ASUS. A simple RMA clearly isn't the solution as there are still boards in the wild with the exact same issue, you are asking customers to roll the dice and hope they don't get a faulty board. Not the mention the downtime they would have to endure whilst they wait.

PLEASE ESCULATE THE ISSUE TO THE RELEVANT TEAM/ENGINEERS IMMEDIATELY!

I've been dealing with this since the board was released and its FUSTRATING. Only solution is to sacrifice the sleep function which is not ideal.
    Every day a new thread on other tech forums opens with people expressing the same symptoms.
    It's a shame because the Dark Hero is otherwise a perfect board.

I will also be opening threads elsewhere leading people facing the issue here until either ASUS addresses the problem or a class action is filed.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

I'm sorry for all of you, but I think you should expect nothing more from this brand.
    Other brands suffered hardware problems and took steps to quickly implement replacements.
    Here, only one person is trying to deal with this problem but it only seems like wind...
    After making us hang around for more than a year to end up using the COVID excuse again to do nothing (I admire your patience Xairoo).

I really waited until the last moment, hoping like you to see something positive, unfortunately I recently started experiencing repeated BSOD.
    Is it due to rising temperatures? or a component on the motherboard that was starting to die? I will probably never know given the silence we face with this brand that snubs us and takes us for idiots in the hope that this affair does not leak out in the mainstream computer media (which is a sad that it hasn't happened yet).

I stop there the spread of my dissatisfaction.
    I had no choice but to act quickly, so I replaced this board with an Aorus Master X570S, and what can I say, except that I can finally boot without unplugging/replugging the power supply, that I can take advantage of fast boot, WOL, that temperature sensors and a sound sensor are included which is practical for monitoring the OC, that the XMP profile of my RAM went on the first try, where with ROG I had to tweak the FLK to try to reach a value close to the XMP without crashing everything...

Farewell Asus, shame on you!

New ROGer Array

Yea looks like Asus has abandoned this issue... not single update on it, no sign of a replacement program, NOTHING.
    I will defo avoid Asus products in the future

ROG Junior Member Array

What brand to go with? I've used asus boards for years and need to replace this crosshair board with something that works.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by silverthorne View Post
    What brand to go with? I've used asus boards for years and need to replace this crosshair board with something that works.
    Good question, I'm looking at EVGA, Asrock and MSI, I never had any issues with Asus MBs before, until now Dark Hero x570 hopefully Asus Repair Center can find the root cause and fix the issue.

ROG Junior Member Array

I upgraded my bios to 4201 and was able to use my power button after shutting down today. Has anyone else noticed this? I also have not had spontaneous reboots occurring.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by silverthorne View Post
    I upgraded my bios to 4201 and was able to use my power button after shutting down today. Has anyone else noticed this? I also have not had spontaneous reboots occurring.
    No clue to be honest, retailer send the MB to Asus Repair Center for "special" repair the issue is hardware related from what I understand. BIOS upgrade won't resolve the issue, as I asked the question before. However it can improve system stability in your case the spontaneous reboots

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast