Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Orodruin View Post
    I have been using my computer intensively for two days. I reverted to version 3801. And there seems to be no errors for now.

I've rebooted multiple times. I put it to sleep mode and woke it back up. It did not repeat the same problem. I'll test it for a while and see if it's the same problem.

What is the exact cause of this problem? Is the BIOS update breaking the motherboard? Or is there another reason? Has an explanation been made about this?

Two days means nothing, sometimes I have 3 weeks no error, or I have 10 errors in 3 weeks, it's completely random.

----------------------

It just depends on how you use your computer, I've had it on for 3 weeks now because I need it to render. He was 100% stable then.

But after I put him manually to sleep 5 times, then I got the error again after 3 weeks of a 100% stable rendering period.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 07-02-2022 at 08:50 AM.

New ROGer Array mvermef PC Specs
    mvermef PC Specs
    MotherboardDark Hero
    Processor5950X
    Memory (part number)GSKILL
    Graphics Card #13080TI FTW ULTRA
    MonitorEVE SPECTRUM Model 3
    CaseOD11 XL
    Power SupplyEVGA 850
    Keyboard RAZER
    Mouse LOGITECH
    Mouse Pad Corsair aluminum
    OS Win 11

Has there been a determination of whether a batch of these boards are affected or all of them since initial release, if anyone knows? By most of the responses that ASUS hasn't yet put out a statement as to the time line of replacement. I am still on 3801 was bout to flash to 4201 to get rid of the issues but this brings a new `sadpanda` level light on the normally sold hardware.
    Last edited by mvermef; 07-06-2022 at 02:46 PM.

New ROGer Array Orodruin PC Specs
    Orodruin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)GSkill TridentZ RGB 4x16GB (F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Geforce RTX3070TI FTW3
    MonitorAsus TUF Gaming VG279QM
    Storage #1Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Strix LC360
    CaseBe Quiet Silent Base 802 White
    Power SupplyBe Quiet! BN284 STRAIGHT POWER 11 80+ Gold 850w
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II Core
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NuadaXXX View Post
    Two days means nothing, sometimes I have 3 weeks no error, or I have 10 errors in 3 weeks, it's completely random.

----------------------

It just depends on how you use your computer, I've had it on for 3 weeks now because I need it to render. He was 100% stable then.

But after I put him manually to sleep 5 times, then I got the error again after 3 weeks of a 100% stable rendering period.

Unfortunately, the problem is hardware. At first I thought it was the BIOS version. But it is not. As you said, it repeats later. Likewise, opening or waking up problems occur.

Orodruin PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tagged View Post
    Same problem here. I bought mine last year in october. I am not sure when I recognized this problem but I struggled with it for a long time. I started looking after it and I figured out that a lot of people are facing the very same issue and even replacement motherboards may have the very same problems.

I contacted the asus support and they got back to me. And said that they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution, on a bios update, to fix the issue.

I know others wrote that it is not a bios issue but this is the last info I got from asus support 9 days ago.

My other issue was that regularly, maybe near weekly the PC crashed with cache hierarchy problems on different CPU cores. I have a 5900x. As I see from my online searches this is a common problem as well.

My current "workaround" for the wake-up problem is that I switched off sleep completely.
    No information has been shared about which production date motherboards this problem occurs on or which serial number motherboards occur.

But I guess it just seems like a bit of luck. The problem occurs somehow and is not fixed by a BIOS update. There is a hardware problem. I guess it's a production issue.

I sent my motherboard to RMA. Waiting for repair.

ROG Junior Member Array

Replacement Received

Hi All,

I was able to arrange an Express replacement (Cross-ship) with ASUS customer service and I received a repaired motherboard this morning. Whatever they did it works, the issue is resolved and the PC Sleeps and shutsdown correctly and I no longer have to power-cycle the PSU.

Thanks to all the forum mods who helped through this and wising those still with issues good luck in getting your replacement/repairs done quickly!

Compuwiz

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by compuwiz View Post
    Hi All,

I was able to arrange an Express replacement (Cross-ship) with ASUS customer service and I received a repaired motherboard this morning. Whatever they did it works, the issue is resolved and the PC Sleeps and shutsdown correctly and I no longer have to power-cycle the PSU.

Thanks to all the forum mods who helped through this and wising those still with issues good luck in getting your replacement/repairs done quickly!

Compuwiz
    any particular shipping costs and/or other charges involved????

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by veryupset900 View Post
    any particular shipping costs and/or other charges involved????
    Personally I did not have any costs other than a "hold on a credit/debit card for the MSRP of the unit". But after an additional delay (+2-3 weeks) due to the boards arriving late; they had decided to waive this for me as well.

The program was the "Advance Replacement Program" from ASUS USA (unsure if this exists in other countries). The Corporate Customer Care agent I was working with had sent me a return label but this may not be universal for all cases as the instructions do say to "You are responsible for the shipment of the defective unit back to the ASUS repair facility." but give an option to purchase a return label.

But I guess given the situation ASUS is trying to make things right so asking politely might get them to help you.

Best of luck, hopefully they are able to earn your trust back!

Compuwiz

Orodruin PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Exclamation

"ECN" is the name of the component that causes startup problems on Crosshair Hero / Hero Wifi / Dark Hero and Formula X570 motherboards.

My motherboard repaired at Asus Service has not arrived yet. But I will test it when it arrives. In my conversation with Asus Turkey RMA, they said that the ECN has been changed.

I've posted this message to let people who have the same problem know.

New ROGer Array

I got the replacement based on the special program. Still no problems, but a few days can't tell a lot.

Anyway, the replacement looks like a new board.

Orodruin PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo View Post
    I got the replacement based on the special program. Still no problems, but a few days can't tell a lot.

Anyway, the replacement looks like a new board.
    Motherboard just arrived. I will test it this week.

In the technical service report, it says that a component named ECN has been changed, the BIOS version has been updated to the latest version, and all ports have been checked.

I hope I don't have the same problem again.

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast