Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi Vpazz,

How often did it occur?(for example: if you start three times a day, once of them is not boot? ) only occurred while cold restart?
    Did you faced the issue since used the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO to build pc or after any update or components changed?
    If you have tried different cpu, ram and power supply but encounter the same issue, may I have the bios version and model name of the cpu, ram and power supply you used?
    Thank you.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi Starrain, I have the exact same problem. I believe that this is not a boot problembut rather something going wrong when the PC gets turned off. I have Aura in stealth mode and sometimes when i shut down the PC the Start button on the Board remains lit when it should be off due to stealth mode. When this happens the PC wont turn on again, neither by pressing the Power button on the case or by pressing the Start button on the board directly. I cant reproduce it consistently but what I recognized was that if I played a demanding game like Far Cry 6 with Ray Tracing and immediately shut down the PC after closing it happens much more frequently than when I play less demanding games like CSGO or when I just hang out in Teamspeak for about 30mins after closing Far Cry.

My Setup is Crosshair Dark Hero with Ryzen 5900x and 3090 Founders Edition. I am using a brand new Corsair HX1000 PSU, I tried my brothers CX750 and it did not make a difference. I tried multiple Ram kits, some were on the QVL, some were not and it did not make a difference at all.

I am currently using BIOS 3601 but the Problem did occur on versions prior to 3601.

Whenever the problem occurs I just unplug the PSU and wait a few minutes unti the Start button on the board stops glowing white. When I then plug the PSU in again my PC can start normally.

I hope that this helps in fixing it.
    Best regards.

New ROGer Array

Same with longer sleep mode

My ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero won't wake up if it sleeps for a few hours. No problems when I wake it within a few minutes, 30 minutes or so, no idea.
    If it won't wake up, pressing the power button or reset button won't work too. I have to power off the PSU and press the power button for ~15 seconds until the power is totally gone. WOL works within the small time limit and stops working if the PC sleeps for a few hours (doing nightly backups automatically using WOL, RTC would be an option too).

I am using a be quiet! Dark Power 12 (1000 W) PSU, RTX 3080, Ryzen 5900X. Default BIOS settings. Currently testing ERP (enabled), maybe this will solve it, but I don't think so.

I changed to the Dark Hero from a Gigabyte Aorus Master because the MB made trouble (sometimes 2,5 Gbit LAN is gone, sometimes BIOS navigation super slow and so on). Sleep mode worked perfectly with the Aorus Master.

Also did a fresh install of Windows 10 (latest version) + drivers and so on.
    Next is to test a longer hibernate state instead of sleep (but hibernate takes too long to wake up).

BIOS initial version was 3601. I have updated to 3801.

Asus phone support told me to enable ErP.

If this doesn't work I should remove the battery and place it reverted in the socket for max. 1 minute and don't turn the PC on. Then place the battery the correct way and boot.

If this won't work... doing a CMOS reset.

I don't think that will help.

Some other users have the same problem: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1307...mment-15053100
    Last edited by Xairoo; 10-18-2021 at 01:37 PM.

New ROGer Array

ErP (S4+S5) test for a sleep duration for about 9 hours worked. System woke up. BIOS version 3801.

Putting into sleep (not hibernate!) and wake within a few seconds also works. Tested it 5 times. Such a short sleep duration worked before too, or I haven't run into problems.

Will post an update if it has stopped working or if it works a few days.

Moderator Array

Hi ChriZZ,
    May I know how often did it occur?(for example: if you played a demanding game like Far Cry 6 with Ray Tracing and immediately shut down the PC after closing three times a day, once of them is not boot? )
    Did it also occur while bios al default settings?
    May I have the serial number of the motherboard via PM?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 10-19-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi Xairoo,
    Do you mean shut down the pc or in sleep mode with bios all default settings?
    How often did it occur?(for example: if you start three times a day, once of them is not boot? ) only occurred while cold restart?
    Have you replaced the power supply?
    May I have the serial number of the motherboard via PM?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Hi STARRAIN@ROG,

only after sleep/hibernate mode. Default BIOS settings.
    It happened only and always if the PC was turned on an set to sleep mode for a longer time (few hours+). No problems when wake it up from sleep within 30 minutes so.
    I got a new be quiet PSU and had a be quiet PSU before (pro models, from 850 to now 1000W).

Before my call with Asus I have enabled ErP. After enabling the ErP mode it worked every time.
    - 9 hours sleep (wake by keyboard)
    - 4 hours sleep (wake by WOL)
    - 5 sleep & fast wake tests within a few seconds

Will send you the SN later if I can read it without removing the GPU or so, I am currently at work. Will also tell if it will wake up when I am back at home.

Maybe not relevant, but some people reported sleep/wake problems with the 3080/3090:
    I upgraded my GPU from 2080S to a 3080 directly with the new MB. I had a GPU riser (Fractal Design) and I undervolted my 3080 because of coil whine (fixed the coil whine). Quiet coil whine at high FPS, but deep and loud sounding coil whine (not the fans, I have loosened the screws and tighten them - that again fixed the fan noise...) at about 60 FPS+. And random crashes in games and sometimes BSoD with video scheduler internal error after a few seconds directly after a fresh reboot (no game or heavy GPU app started). Sometimes the PC turned on, screen was black and GPU fans turned 100%, only turning off the PSU helped (like described above the power/reset button doesn't work). Removing the GPU riser seems to fix these crashes/problems but not the wake from sleep problems. Never had these problems with my 2080S but yeah, maybe something happened to the cable or connectors because I changed the cards a few time, but that shouldn't be happen that fast.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vpazz View Post
    @Starrain any news yet?

Just shipped off my MB yesterday ...

/stig

New ROGer Array

Hey together,

i'm in with this problem now.
    Got my Dark Hero 4 weeks ago and everything worked fine until last thursday, when it decided to not turn on unless switch the psu off, wait a bit and on again.
    As with all the others there are no post-codes nor any beeps.
    The system runs stable even under hard conditions, like Cyberpunk, Farcry or even VR.
    BIOS Version: 3801

Specs:
    Corsair HX850 (850W Plus Platinum)
    ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

Ryzen 9 3900X
    32 GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16
    Asus ROG Strix Geforce 3080TI 12GB OC

Additional Cards:
    Elgato HD Pro
    Creative Soundblaster ZxR

2x Samsung NVME 2TB
    2x Samsung SATA SSD
    2x Western Digital Black HDD

The only thing changed since i assembled my build is an upgrade from an Asus ROG Strix 2070S OC to the above mentioned 3080TI.
    The PSU Single/Multi switch is set to "Multi"
    All 3 necessary 8-Pin Power cables are seperate lines from the PSU.

2 days ago i loaded the defauls in BIOS and turned Aura and USB-Charge off when the PC is off.
    After that it worked completely normal until i got home from work today.
    Like all the others the START-Button on the board was bright lit and it didn't react to it nor the normal case-power-button.

As for the "when" it happens. No real pattern here.
    2 days ago after the default and reconfigure i played like 4 hours New World and a bit of Cyberpunk and VR.
    Yesterday evening i was only coding and fiddling with ssh, so no load at all.

The system is not OC at all. Everything left at default values, only the RAM is set to it's mentioned 3,2 GHz.
    And as mentioned above the system ist runnning 100% stable, no BSOD, no crash, no slowdowns, no drive errors under everything i tossed at it.

Migrated from an ROG Strix X570-F due to some problems there and for the extra power, but made everything new. So there's no old windows installation either.

Really hope you guys at ASUS can figure this one out.
    If you need logs or anything of whatever, let me know.
    Thank you
    Last edited by WorldofShadows; 10-19-2021 at 03:30 PM.

New ROGer Array

ErP S4+S5 didn't fixed it. It worked only a few times:

- 2x keyboard wake after 9 hours
    - 2x WOL (wanted!) wake after about 4 hours
    - multiple wakes after shorter sleeps

But now after a sleep for about 10 minutes I had to turn off the PSU to be able to boot.

Now testing ErP S4+S5 (will only S5 make a change?) and Aura off.

I had hibernate enabled (powercfg -h on), now disabled it: powercfg -h off

Also I am using psshutdown to send my PC into sleep mode.
    psshutdown -d -t 0 -accepteula

-d Suspend the computer
    -h Hibernate the computer
    So I guess powercfg -h off won't make a change and I am all the time in the high performance power plan.
    Last edited by Xairoo; 10-19-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast