cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Extreme, Water Cooling QA

Horyd
Level 7
I picked up a Maximus Extreme IX, and it's my first open loop build. For ease of use, I picked up a coolermaster masterliquid maker 240.

I tested the motherboard before attempting any water cooling, and everything started up and got to bios.

I then installed the monoblock and water cooling system.

I have now connected the power, using the bridging adapter on the main CPU power connection. I have filled the reservoir of the cooling system, and am now trying to activate it for the first time to prime the system and start a leak check.

I have the pump hooked up to W_pump1 header, when turning on the power, the pump doesn't start, or light up, or anything. I have all the other power connectors hooked up (at the top of the motherboard 8+4 pin).

Nothing on the motherboard lights up at all, but I've never used the bridging adapter, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting anything ot light up.

Anyone got any tips on troubleshooting the problem? Is there a way to connect the 4pin pump power cord to anything else to test if it comes on? Is there any special sequence to powering it up for the first time, or anything i should be missing.

I have watched a fair amount of videos tied to this motherboard, and none of them show anything out of the ordinary that I"ve found, so I'm kind of at a loss.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0