Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array odeivogersm PC Specs
    odeivogersm PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
    Processor5900x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (F4-3600C16D-32GVKC)
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
    Monitor2x NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi
    Storage #1Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseFractal Design Meshify-C
    Power SupplyFractal Design Ion+ 660W Platinum
    Accessory #1 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by jesrog View Post
    I've had this board for 6 months and I'm tired of fighting with it. When I put my PC to sleep (Win 10) it will completely shutdown and I need to cycle the PSU. I have swapped out every component except the CPU and M.2 drive. No other major issues besides the sleep issue. There use to be occasional hard locks, but those seem to be resolved with the latest firmware releases.

    Has anybody else experienced this issue when putting the PC to sleep?

    Edit: Should have listed my CPU. It's a 5900x.
    That sounds really frustrating and personally Asus was never able to fix my problem but here's what did for me:

    Try manually setting these voltages. I used to get constant reboots with the newer BIOSs too and this was the solution I concocted and it worked!

    VDDSOC = 1.05
    VDDG CCD = 0.950
    VDDG IOD = 0.950
    CLDO VDDP = 0.900

    I have a 3900x, though. Happily running the newest (non-beta) bios with these settings since I discovered them.
    Last edited by odeivogersm; 08-02-2021 at 04:36 AM. Reason: typo

  2. #12
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,266

    Hello,

    Someone has already requested this information within the thread, but you would need to troubleshoot with or without overclocking (DOCP/XMP). Issues with sleep either entering or resuming are often instability related.

  3. #13
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by odeivogersm View Post
    That sounds really frustrating and personally Asus was never able to fix my problem but here's what did for me:

    Try manually setting these voltages. I used to get constant reboots with the newer BIOSs too and this was the solution I concocted and it worked!

    VDDSOC = 1.05
    VDDG CCD = 0.950
    VDDG IOD = 0.950
    CLDO VDDP = 0.900

    I have a 3900x, though. Happily running the newest (non-beta) bios with these settings since I discovered them.
    It's worth a shot. Thanks.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

    Someone has already requested this information within the thread, but you would need to troubleshoot with or without overclocking (DOCP/XMP). Issues with sleep either entering or resuming are often instability related.
    Agreed. But, I have already tested with default BIOS settings (DOCP off) and still had the issue.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    1,212

    Quote Originally Posted by jesrog View Post
    Agreed. But, I have already tested with default BIOS settings (DOCP off) and still had the issue.
    What is the actual RAM model and version number.
    What M2 drive ?
    Are you running secure boot ?

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    31
    Posts
    437

    Tom's Hardware also has forums. When I cannot get help here, or just for more food for thought, I often check for threads from others with similar issues. Failing that, I make threads myself.

    If issues associated with sleep point to instability, I'd make that the meat of my posts there. Just my two cents. Good luck.

  7. #17
    New ROGer Array carthis PC Specs
    carthis PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VIII Hero Wifi
    ProcessorR9 5900x
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3600C18
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX 3080
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i
    CasePhanteks P500a
    Power SupplyCorsair RMx850
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro
    Headset Corsair Void Pro Wireless

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    As I said, I dealt with this exact issue. I swapped PSU, and RAM, repasted my CPU, reinstalled Windows, flashed new and old BIOS's, booted with DOCP enabled/disabled, reset BIOS to default and tried power tweaks, removed every USB device except KB + mouse (and even tried other KB's and mice), and still nothing worked.

    This is a hardware fault plain and simple, and only a replacement board will fix it. After replacing the board, I have never had this issue reoccur.

  8. #18
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by carthis View Post
    As I said, I dealt with this exact issue. I swapped PSU, and RAM, repasted my CPU, reinstalled Windows, flashed new and old BIOS's, booted with DOCP enabled/disabled, reset BIOS to default and tried power tweaks, removed every USB device except KB + mouse (and even tried other KB's and mice), and still nothing worked.

    This is a hardware fault plain and simple, and only a replacement board will fix it. After replacing the board, I have never had this issue reoccur.
    So, I picked up a new motherboard yesterday and installed it. That seems to have fixed the issue. I will try to RMA my board. Thanks.

  9. #19
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by jesrog View Post
    So, I picked up a new motherboard yesterday and installed it. That seems to have fixed the issue. I will try to RMA my board. Thanks.
    The thing is that you would have the exact same experience if there was a simple BIOS issue. What C-states did you have enabled? What S-state was it allowed to sleep to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •