cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At my wits' end with the Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI

jesrog
Level 7
I've had this board for 6 months and I'm tired of fighting with it. When I put my PC to sleep (Win 10) it will completely shutdown and I need to cycle the PSU. I have swapped out every component except the CPU and M.2 drive. No other major issues besides the sleep issue. There use to be occasional hard locks, but those seem to be resolved with the latest firmware releases.

Has anybody else experienced this issue when putting the PC to sleep?

Edit: Should have listed my CPU. It's a 5900x.
19 REPLIES 19

RedSector73
Level 12
What cooler are you using ?
What RAM ?

actually list your system would be helpful.

Phanteks Eclipse P500A case
Ryzen 5900x
ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 CL16
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
NZXT Kraken Z63 Cooler
Corsair RM850x PSU
iCue Commander Pro and 6 Corsair QL fans.

RedSector73
Level 12
ok are you running DOCP ?
What is the model no and version of the ram.
What M2 drive ?
What BIOS are you running atm ?

RedSector73
Level 12
About to head to bed, so just on what we have atm...

Check you have both EATX connectors (above cpu) top left of motherboard connected.
DOCP running please.

Confirm you have not changed anything in windows 10 to fix said issue.
Confirm you have secure boot running.
Can you download user bench https://www.userbenchmark.com/ and link the url after running a test.

Wish you luck in the mean time and look through the data tommorow if someone else has not taken up the challenge or help you sort this issue.

carthis
Level 7
jesrog wrote:
I've had this board for 6 months and I'm tired of fighting with it. When I put my PC to sleep (Win 10) it will completely shutdown and I need to cycle the PSU. I have swapped out every component except the CPU and M.2 drive. No other major issues besides the sleep issue. There use to be occasional hard locks, but those seem to be resolved with the latest firmware releases.

Has anybody else experienced this issue when putting the PC to sleep?

Edit: Should have listed my CPU. It's a 5900x.

YES!! I had this exact same issue with my C8HW + 5900x. It was driving me up the wall, and I swapped PSU and RAM to try and fix it. I've seen other threads with this exact issue before, and the replacement RMA was the only thing that worked.

Try and request an advanced RMA so you just get another board. Good luck!

carthis wrote:
YES!! I had this exact same issue with my C8HW + 5900x. It was driving me up the wall, and I swapped PSU and RAM to try and fix it. I've seen other threads with this exact issue before, and the replacement RMA was the only thing that worked.

Try and request an advanced RMA so you just get another board. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm getting very close to requesting an RMA with Asus.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Have you tried a clean install of Windows? I'd try that myself. Then I'd contact Microsoft to see if a technician can help. I'm not sure what else I would try if I was not sure of the cause.

Super Gnome wrote:
Have you tried a clean install of Windows? I'd try that myself. Then I'd contact Microsoft to see if a technician can help. I'm not sure what else I would try if I was not sure of the cause.

Yep, I installed clean when I built my PC late last year. I also re-installed a couple months ago and the problem persisted.

Kelutrel
Level 11
Are your keyboard and mouse and other usb devices shared with another pc through a usb switch ? And you switch those to the other pc when you put to sleep your main pc ?