cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XII Hero does not boot to system after bios update to 2301

rafekj
Level 7
Hi, I recently updated bios from 2201 to 2301 on my maximus XII hero and after it rebooted system did not load. Automatic repair did not help either. Decided to wipe my drive (m.2 in case it matters) and reinstall system. All seemed to be fine even after installing drivers etc.
I switched bitlocker on, pc rebooted still ok. Played one game then switched my pc off... That was it:/ I was in square one. System doesn't boot again. I noticed that this bios is not available anymore for that board. In description there was about compability with W11. Is there a bug with this bios? Any idea what to do now to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Raf
1 REPLY 1

rafekj
Level 7
So I traced it to Intel Virtual Technology...
I have this option enable in bios and it's ok until I add windows function called Application guard (which is add on to windows defender).
As soon as I do that it ask to restart my pc and it doesn't boot unless I disable Intel VT in bios.
Once system booted then I disabled application guard (which requires Intel VT on) and then I can switch Intel VT on in bios and system booting ok. I hope it's going to help someone else 😉