cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AIO cannot connect?

kookykrazee
Level 7
I have an awesome Dark Hero board and also an Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB AIO that I am looking forward to using with my new 5950x. My problem is that this MB seems to not follow normal cooler attachment procedures based on common connectors.

Can someone please give me some ideas how to resolve this with this board or should I send it back?
6 REPLIES 6

RedSector73
Level 12
kookykrazee wrote:
I have an awesome Dark Hero board and also an Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB AIO that I am looking forward to using with my new 5950x. My problem is that this MB seems to not follow normal cooler attachment procedures based on common connectors.

Can someone please give me some ideas how to resolve this with this board or should I send it back?

LOL, yes send it to me. ....

The Artic Liquid Freezer has addressable RGB fans. RGB connectivity is provided through a 3 pin ARGB (5V/Data/Ground) connector and is compatible with ASUS, ASRock, MSI, Razer Chroma, and Gigabyte boards.

Source: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/arctic_liquid_freezer_ii_360_a_rgb_review,1.html

And here fitted on a Hero

RedSector73 wrote:
LOL, yes send it to me. ....

The Artic Liquid Freezer has addressable RGB fans. RGB connectivity is provided through a 3 pin ARGB (5V/Data/Ground) connector and is compatible with ASUS, ASRock, MSI, Razer Chroma, and Gigabyte boards.

I am actually trying to connect it to the board, not worried about RGB part of connectors, at this time. I have read that there are basically 4 revisions of this AIO. I just want to connect it, with as little fanfare as possible to my board.

RedSector73
Level 12
kookykrazee wrote:
I am actually trying to connect it to the board, not worried about RGB part of connectors, at this time. I have read that there are basically 4 revisions of this AIO. I just want to connect it, with as little fanfare as possible to my board.

Is this the issue, your having ?

kookykrazee
Level 7
Thank you, that did help a lot. I have some different issues, with the screws that came with kit. The 2 screws that go on the backets for the "heatsink" are not the same size and threads, as such too big. I did dig out my portable drill and got the screw in without breaking anything. Now my next thing is I need a replacement for my 24 pin atx plug for my evga 1300W PSU, when I moved my old system to the new smaller case.

RedSector73
Level 12
No problem, I misunderstood your issue, the first time.

What is the issue with 24pin atx plug ?

kookykrazee
Level 7
Due to the issue I had with my evga PSU, it sorta singed some plastic on 2 of the connectors. Though I could possibly use it, I had off and on issues with 1 of the 2 rails and I assumed it as partially the cable, partially the PSU. I could reach back out to evga and see if they will replace it. I have tried to find one of their sleeved ones, by itself, but can't find one and they are out of stock of the packs (has like 3 SATA plugs, peripheral plugs and multiple VGA plugs, in both red and black. Unfortunately, the red ones do include 24pin atx plug as an option.