cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUFF DASH F15 Nvidia control panel limited settings

USERMAC
Level 9
Just got this Tuff Dash F15 laptop and I am wondering why I can not see resolution settings in the nvidia control panel and some other settings .
7 REPLIES 7

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Can you share the screenshot of the Nvidia control center on your device?
And which option or setting you would like to see?
Thank you.

USERMAC
Level 9
It is not an issue anymore but I will add that at the time I never knew about Nvidia Optimus and that was part of the problem of me not being able to see the full range of settings in the Nvidia control panel that I am used too seeing.

The laptop uses the Intel onboard gpu alongside the Nvidia one but the Intel gpu powers the screen the resolution etc so you cannot manage the resolution settings or refresh rate and other settings from the Nvidia control only way is to use windows settings or Intel driver software.

How Did u fix it?

Blake1
Level 10
Hi there,
Thank you for the update!

syyyap
Level 7
you will be able to have those settings, g-sync etc., if you connect an external monitor to the port that is directly wired to your nvidia card. it should be the usb c/thunderbolt with displayport.

how do you know if g-sync is working on the laptop internal display with adaptive sync feature since you can't enable it in nvidia control panel? my external monitor has a built in OSD feature to show real time refresh rate and i can compare that to the game's but not the internal display.

My FX517 the Thunderbolt port is wired to the Intel graphic card (not the Nvidia !!) It is possible to change or tu activate this conection ? Thanks

syyyap
Level 7
check with port is connected to which graphic card in nvidia control panel physX. my FA706IU nvidia card is wired to usb-c, so i use a usb-c to DP converter to get g-sync on external monitor.