cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme Alpha Bios 1502 removed

W0D1N
Level 7
Hi for a couple of days ago i did see that my motherboard (Zenith II Extreme Alpha) had a new bios on the website with version 1502. Now however it has been removed and i can only see the 1402 verion.

Is there a reason why it has been removed? Wondering if it had a problem and if i should switch back to 1402...

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

KraZy_SkitZy
Level 7
X399 strix had a recent bios released an removed as well, 1206... Dunno why, maybe they'll deliver some customer support and add resizeable bar .

Resizable Bar was already present in 1402 with my mobo.. the 1502 was as far i could see just to be windows 11 compatable. Wich a few bios adjustmens was enough already in 1402.. Maybe they did put that on as default in 1502 and it coused issues with the encyption of drives... although that is what comes first in mind.

W0D1N wrote:
Resizable Bar was already present in 1402 with my mobo.. the 1502 was as far i could see just to be windows 11 compatable. Wich a few bios adjustmens was enough already in 1402.. Maybe they did put that on as default in 1502 and it coused issues with the encyption of drives... although that is what comes first in mind.

By the way, did you experience any issue after you installed your ASUS Strix RTX 3090 OC on Zenith II Extreme Alpha with fw 1402 and getting the follow issues: stuck at load vga bios, blank screen, and windows freeze? And the only work around is to set to gen3 instead of auto/gen4 for pcie 16x after doing cmos reset

roungchen wrote:
By the way, did you experience any issue after you installed your ASUS Strix RTX 3090 OC on Zenith II Extreme Alpha with fw 1402 and getting the follow issues: stuck at load vga bios, blank screen, and windows freeze? And the only work around is to set to gen3 instead of auto/gen4 for pcie 16x after doing cmos reset

You should also Update your VGA bios for Resisable BAR. I dont't experiance any problems that you described. Mine PCIe 4 slot is configured as 4th GEN in bios for VGA.

W0D1N wrote:
You should also Update your VGA bios for Resisable BAR. I dont't experiance any problems that you described. Mine PCIe 4 slot is configured as 4th GEN in bios for VGA.

it is running fw 1402. i guess my mb is faulty... dammit.

I am wondering if I should upgrade to version 1502. Should I install windows 11 first? About three weeks ago I attempted to update to version 1502 and I had major issues and had to revert back to 1402.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Several boards have had BIOS files put up and subsequently removed. My guess is they found an issue in them and pulled them. They rarely say why. I know some of the intel boards were pulled awaiting micocodes from intel.