cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS M13H new BIOS 1007 officially released

sl910
Level 7
Hi,

A new BIOS has just been officially released by ASUS for the Maximus 13 Hero MB. Version 1007, date august 3rd.

The release notes:
-------------
ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1007
"Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded
------------

Link: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios

Best regards

sl910
24 REPLIES 24

Ataemonus
Level 11
Same as before, TPM blocked to ON ?

TonyRoma
Level 7
Why are the release notes for BIOS updates always so brief and lacking in detail? I'm lead to believe this BIOS once applied DOES NOT block or even enable PTT, so I don't understand the point of it. What exactly are the changes in this BIOS update?

kvarq
Level 11
Really?
It's so freestyle in "compiling" bios now, and you're asking that Asus "technicians" to document what they did? =))
They barely keep the stuff online, they often remove them sooner or later.

They even messed up Z490 bios stuff now =))

Ataemonus wrote:
Same as before, TPM blocked to ON ?

I think I am missing something. Was there some bug with the TPM setting reverting back to default before, or what? TPM is still set to disabled by default, but I guess that is not the question.

kvarq wrote:
Really?
It's so freestyle in "compiling" bios now, and you're asking that Asus "technicians" to document what they did? =))
They barely keep the stuff online, they often remove them sooner or later.

They even messed up Z490 bios stuff now =))

Why is that surprising? Isn't this like an industry standard now? Noone cares to list out the exact changes, why would they? They definitely keep them for their internal use, but why would they list them to the public? It wouldn't cause anything else than spark other questions like "ok, what does this do" and "why dis" ... like get a grip. All you need to know is that there are performance and stability improvements, just like Sony lists them on their PS consoles for ages now 😄

Ataemonus
Level 11
Yes, BIOS 1007 or 1017 for TUF boards had the TPM locked to always Enabled, set it to Disabled, when rebooting it was Enabled again.
Also, I don't get it why a dedicated BIOS version was needed for this, TPM functionality was in ALL BIOSes.

Ataemonus wrote:
Yes, BIOS 1007 or 1017 for TUF boards had the TPM locked to always Enabled, set it to Disabled, when rebooting it was Enabled again.
Also, I don't get it why a dedicated BIOS version was needed for this, TPM functionality was in ALL BIOSes.

I hope you are aware that the bios update listed by OP is for the Maximus 13 Hero MB. There was never such an issue on this mobo afaik. And yes, the TPM option was always there, they must've obviously done some other polishing on the BIOS for W11 ...

Ataemonus
Level 11
I know, was just saying, all the BIOS updates with the same Windows 11 description came out and had the same issue, lol.
Also, no idea what polishes they might have done, I ran Windows 11 just fine with the previous BIOS version.

sl910
Level 7
Beyond the TPM setting, 1007 BIOS must contain other changes. If one look to the versions of the contained components, it appears that the EC version has been updated, from MBEC-RKL-0214 to MBEC-RKL-0215. Any idea of what this means ?

Regards

sl91

Ataemonus
Level 11
No idea what it means. Also, very interested to know if TPM is still always Enabled, because if it is, I won't install the BIOS.