Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    293

    Quote Originally Posted by andrea1979 View Post
    Same problem on my Rog Strix z390 gaming-e with the g skill trident z rgb ram. Post only in safe mode when xmp profile is actived. BUGGED bios.
    Hello Andrea, what kind of RAM do you have? When you set XMP, manually change secondary DRAM Write latency in DRAM Timing Control to 15/16 (depend on timing).
    Sincerely,
    Legolas

  2. #22
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Hello Andrea, what kind of RAM do you have? When you set XMP, manually change secondary DRAM Write latency in DRAM Timing Control to 15/16 (depend on timing).
    My ram are 3000mhz cl 16... xmp 1 crash and xmp 2 crash. Manually option crash. The pc boot w10 only if xmp is disabile. I wait for next bios realase now with 1802 works fine. 1903 have a bug it is the only response

  3. #23
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardOnboard TOSLINK to powered speakers
    MonitorMSI Creator PS321URV (32 in 4k HDR600)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 (3x Uni fan SL120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL Black (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad LOFTMAT (16x13 inch) Cushioned Gaming Mat - "The Gaming Slim"
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore with Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 64-bit
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Using Spectrum 400MB service)
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 7 Uni Fan SL120 fans for PC case
    Jesseinsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    390

    Quote Originally Posted by andrea1979 View Post
    My ram are 3000mhz cl 16... xmp 1 crash and xmp 2 crash. Manually option crash. The pc boot w10 only if xmp is disabile. I wait for next bios realase now with 1802 works fine. 1903 have a bug it is the only response
    What is the make and model of your memory modules?

  4. #24
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Hi,

    I just registered in order to respond to this thread. I'm having very similar problems with my z390-e motherboard. Initially I tried 1902/1903 with G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW RAM and I noticed that it took more attempts than normal after updating the bios to get it to initially post. After setting up the bios as usual I noticed that sometimes when I would boot that the memok lights would get stuck on white with no picture on the monitor but the system disk was active. Eventually my system would boot and the monitor would go on as soon as I got to my desktop. If I got the system to boot without getting stuck on the white then it would generally continue to boot normally when restarting so long as I didn't cut power to my PC. When I cut power to my PC(which I do every night) I always initially get stuck on white again, although the system will still boot with the monitor coming on as soon as it loaded to my desktop. Usually only one restart at this point would get it to go through the normal memok light sequence and boot properly although sometimes I would need to reboot more than once. At one point when getting stuck on the white from a cold boot, I decided to just keep using it as is and I eventually had a blue screen crash. I never had instability before this bios update or when I would reboot and get it to go through the normal memok light sequence but I did when I left it with the white light stuck on and the unusual boot.

    I just bought some new RAM and decided to try that with 1903. The RAM is G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR. With this RAM I can not get the bios to post normally, although I did get it into safe mode once I believe. Normally it would get stuck on white like the previous RAM but without booting like my previous RAM did and resetting would lead to the same memok sequence getting stuck on white with no disk activity. This happened every time except once where it eventually went into safe mode after multiple failed memok sequences. I tried clearing the CMOS and tried it multiple times but could not get it to normally post or work properly.

    I've now reverted back to 1802, although I did get it stuck on white once with this new RAM(never had that with the old RAM on this bios) on the first boot after clearing the CMOS. Hitting the reset button remedied that and once I set the bios up properly it boots correctly now every time. Whether restarting or from a cold boot after being unplugged all night.

    I hope this isn't too confusing. I think there is definitely something wrong with the 1902/1903 bios. I can't get this new RAM to post after a fresh bios flash and this new RAM I just bought was specifically made for z390 boards. My board(z390-e) is listed on G.Skill's website as one of the boards that it is specifically designed for. My previous RAM was made specifically for z370 and yet that one will post although not without its problems as I mentioned above.

    The new RAM is now working properly with no instability problems and even overclocked with the 1802 bios but it won't even post after a fresh bios flash or cleared CMOS with 1902/1903.

    BTW I tried loading from an old profile and I also tried setting up the bios manually. It didn't make any difference for my old RAM and the new RAM won't even post correctly with 1903.

  5. #25
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by AndAbel View Post
    Hi,

    I just registered in order to respond to this thread. I'm having very similar problems with my z390-e motherboard. Initially I tried 1902/1903 with G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW RAM and I noticed that it took more attempts than normal after updating the bios to get it to initially post. After setting up the bios as usual I noticed that sometimes when I would boot that the memok lights would get stuck on white with no picture on the monitor but the system disk was active. Eventually my system would boot and the monitor would go on as soon as I got to my desktop. If I got the system to boot without getting stuck on the white then it would generally continue to boot normally when restarting so long as I didn't cut power to my PC. When I cut power to my PC(which I do every night) I always initially get stuck on white again, although the system will still boot with the monitor coming on as soon as it loaded to my desktop. Usually only one restart at this point would get it to go through the normal memok light sequence and boot properly although sometimes I would need to reboot more than once. At one point when getting stuck on the white from a cold boot, I decided to just keep using it as is and I eventually had a blue screen crash. I never had instability before this bios update or when I would reboot and get it to go through the normal memok light sequence but I did when I left it with the white light stuck on and the unusual boot.

    I just bought some new RAM and decided to try that with 1903. The RAM is G.Skill F4-3200C14D-32GTZR. With this RAM I can not get the bios to post normally, although I did get it into safe mode once I believe. Normally it would get stuck on white like the previous RAM but without booting like my previous RAM did and resetting would lead to the same memok sequence getting stuck on white with no disk activity. This happened every time except once where it eventually went into safe mode after multiple failed memok sequences. I tried clearing the CMOS and tried it multiple times but could not get it to normally post or work properly.

    I've now reverted back to 1802, although I did get it stuck on white once with this new RAM(never had that with the old RAM on this bios) on the first boot after clearing the CMOS. Hitting the reset button remedied that and once I set the bios up properly it boots correctly now every time. Whether restarting or from a cold boot after being unplugged all night.

    I hope this isn't too confusing. I think there is definitely something wrong with the 1902/1903 bios. I can't get this new RAM to post after a fresh bios flash and this new RAM I just bought was specifically made for z390 boards. My board(z390-e) is listed on G.Skill's website as one of the boards that it is specifically designed for. My previous RAM was made specifically for z370 and yet that one will post although not without its problems as I mentioned above.

    The new RAM is now working properly with no instability problems and even overclocked with the 1802 bios but it won't even post after a fresh bios flash or cleared CMOS with 1902/1903.

    BTW I tried loading from an old profile and I also tried setting up the bios manually. It didn't make any difference for my old RAM and the new RAM won't even post correctly with 1903.
    That's really strange. I also have the G.Skill F4-3200C14D kit but with all four slots populated on the maximus XI hero wifi. It's stable at 4100C16 and 4200C17 with the 1903 bios. However, it's true that sometimes it takes a few seconds during cold boots to post. It seems these motherboards work a lot better with four ram sticks from the testing that I have done.
    Last edited by Vassilis008; 10-05-2021 at 09:56 AM.

  6. #26
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    why this update doesn't have my ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) Call of Duty edition?

    Quote Originally Posted by ibushovskiy View Post
    Hello guys,

    Just wanted to update you regarding new BIOS for ROG MAXIMUS XI series

    Changes:
    - Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded

    Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE
    Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
    Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX
    Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
    Download - ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME

    Note:
    Wanted to highlight that performance decrease has gone with 1903 and my 3DMark results are back to normal. I believe there was an issue with decreased CPU clocks, low voltage and XMP issues with 1901-1902. Same nVidia driver 471.41

    1902 BIOS - 7517 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1139088
    1903 BIOS - 7999 Score in Port Royale https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1156174
    why this update doesn't have my ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) Call of Duty edition?
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro.../helpdesk_bios
    sorry for my bad english!
    Last edited by oshanperera556; 10-07-2021 at 12:33 PM.

  7. #27
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array rjbarker PC Specs
    rjbarker PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XI Extreme (BIOS 1503 to 1903)
    Processor9900K @ 5.1 Ghz w EK Velocity
    Memory (part number)32 GB -Dominator Platinum 3200 Mhz CAS 16
    Graphics Card #1Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra w FC EKWB
    Sound CardOnboard Realtek
    MonitorDell Alienware 34" Ultra wide 120Hz Gsync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512G M.2 NNMe
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 512G & 256G
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Copper w Nickel Plating
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1600i
    OS W10 HP x64 - 21H1
    Accessory #1 480 * 360 * 240 XSPC Radiators (15 Fans) w 4 Channel 200W Fan Controller
    Accessory #2 XSPC Photon Rez / Vario Pump combo
    Accessory #3 Fesser Flex Tubing - Bits Power Fittings & EK SLi Terminal
    rjbarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    37
    Posts
    309

    MXI E w 9900K
    Fairly substantial loop....

    Prior to updating BIOS to ver 1903 (did this for both Resize Bar and W11 support)

    Updated from ver 1503 to latest 1903 (both BIOS chips) :

    - very odd behavious whereby Intel Speed Shift disappeared all together...as in not appearing under Intel Speed Step (CPU Power Management)
    - BIOS was supposed to "auto enable TPM 2.0", BUT it didnt, still had to go in and make the 2 changes to allow system to be "ready for W11".
    - At one point just about everything had dissapeared from the "Tools Menu" on one of the BIOS chips.
    - completely borked my 3 yr old stable OC's, particularly my 5.1 and 5.2 Ghz benching OC's
    - Previous 5.1 Ghz Benching OC was good at 1.365v 5.2 Ghz 1.385v ......not just BSOD
    - XMP 1 and 2 seem to load ok

    The dissapearing items from the BIOS screen , which after a re-boot they will magically re-appear is really really odd!!!!

    Now, I would normally "set to stock settings", F10 and shut down prior to flashing new BIOS....this time I got lazy and left it in a 5Ghz OC state ....

    Not sure whats up...but I havent ruled out corrupt BIOS...I'm away from my PC for a week or so, when home I will set back to default...F10..shut down and re-flash, see if that helps.

    Once back home I'll go into bios reset to defaults save and shut down then try a re-flash of 1903,,,,if all the same anomalies and strange stuff encountered as indicating above, then I know its a poor BIOS, maybe rushed out to meet W11 installers...who knows.

    Is it necessary to clear CMOS after resetting to defaults and shutting down ? I have done many BIOS flashes on Maximus and Rampage boards and have never had to clear CMOS to ensure a good flash ?
    Last edited by rjbarker; 10-14-2021 at 03:19 AM.

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Came here to check if this was ever resolved. I had the XMP issue with 1902 and rolled back to 1901, where XMP seems to work without issue for me. Glad I caught this before attempting to upgrade to 1903 to see if it fixes my issue with my G9 failing to wake from sleep & causing my computer to hang when I have at least 2 other monitors connected.

    Whomp whomp indeed.

  9. #29
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array MorePower PC Specs
    MorePower PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080 Ti OC
    MonitorLG UltraGear 34GK950G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 PRO SSD x 2
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Ryuo 240
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB ELITE
    Headset/Speakers Kanto YU4 + Sub8
    OS Windows 10 Pro

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    77

    I just updated to 1903 from 0805 on my Maximus XI and have no issues with XMP. I didn't see any reason to update for this long as everything has always worked for me. I'm using G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB.

  10. #30
    ROG Enthusiast Array ROG_Sic PC Specs
    ROG_Sic PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Graphics Card #2EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    MonitorAcer Nitro XV272U 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus / 860 Evo SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken Z63
    CaseLian Li 011D Mini
    Power SupplyCorsair SF750 Platinum
    Keyboard Ducky Shine Zero
    Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Ultralight Wireless
    Headset Astro A40 TR / ATH-M50X
    Mouse Pad Razer Pro Glide
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043
    Network RouterNetGear Nighthawk AC1900
    Accessory #1 Logitech C920 Pro HD

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Updated to bios v1903 since released, been stable without any issues here as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •