cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G533QS Armory Crate changing power profile on its own

mario64
Level 7
I had my G533QS configured in Manual with custom fan profiles. Today I noticed it sounded much louder than usual. I checked Armory Crate and discovered it had somehow gotten changed to Turbo. I did not make this change. Has anyone seen this happen? Is there a way to prevent it? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
I love ASUS Hardware but Im also very clear on my disdain for the software. Dont run any of it except the BIOS and its usually modded.

BigJohnny wrote:
I love ASUS Hardware but Im also very clear on my disdain for the software. Dont run any of it except the BIOS and its usually modded.
Is there a way to control fan profiles without Crate?

Triton_se
Level 8
Each time Nvidia drivers are installed, Armoury Crate will be set Turbo mode, maybe this was such an occasion?

Also, major Windows 10 updates can/will change your laptop power plan (what happens when sleep button and power button are pressed, closing the lid)

Triton.se wrote:
Each time Nvidia drivers are installed, Armoury Crate will be set Turbo mode, maybe this was such an occasion?

Also, major Windows 10 updates can/will change your laptop power plan (what happens when sleep button and power button are pressed, closing the lid)
Really? I didn’t know that. I bet that’s what happened. Thank you very much for the input!