cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NordLynx

ernst_lanser
Level 7
OpenVPN is slow, verry slow. I get about 40/40 Mbps. When I turn VPN off I get 350/350 Mbps 3ping. I went to see the difference between OpenVPN and NordLynx. I test this on a Windows, Android and browser Chrome. When I turn on NordLynx I get 350/350 Mbps. The difference is the 3ping to 6ping.

Now the question is, how do I get RT-AC88U to use NordLynx instead of NordVPN?

And if not, why? Is it possible that Asus doesn't allow third party VPN? Things like PPTP, L2TP, Amazon Alex, IFTTT and WTFast® are possible.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
Nordlynx is basically Wireguard which is a pretty new technology. Unless a router has native wireguard support (and most don't) you won't be able to configure it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Is there a firmware update that make this possible? Or, a beta or so? For gamers, NordLynx solves on of my problems. Since this router is aimed at gamers would this possible. This router must be up to date! What's the future of this router? Or should I end up buying a new one? That would be annoying, I just bought this one. I had high expectations. Zo, what do je think about this?

xeromist wrote:
Nordlynx is basically Wireguard which is a pretty new technology. Unless a router has native wireguard support (and most don't) you won't be able to configure it.

Even if it does, Nordlynx only works via the application NordVPN provide, they have not offically provided the information to make router level connection and patched out the ability to get this information from their application quite recently (maybe month ago).

Nordlynx via NordVPN application is hell fast and ping is good as well.
Wireguard which is underpinning of Nordlynx (as mentioned) does work at router level and so does NordLynx if you can extract the connection information but as I mentioned this was recently patched out, so you cant just get it, like you could before the patch. Before the patch used to linux OS to pull the info out, however the critical information needed does not display via the old method, so unless there is new workaround (not aware of) this might be an issue.

ernst.lanser wrote:
Now the question is, how do I get RT-AC88U to use NordLynx instead of NordVPN?

I would trying https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/ firmware on your router, I found it was much better with NordVPN using UDP or simply run the NordVPN application on the computer directly that needs the VPN as the NordVPN application supports NordLynx.

I have had heated discussion with NordVPN about release to router level of NordLynx. I would call that safely, fruitless disscussion but please feel free add your weight to the argument, maybe if enough of us do they might get the idea we actually want this?

If anyone knows a current way to exact the Nordlynx information for use @ router level that works, please share it with me.

Thanks for your reply.