cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Formula Chassis Fan #6

Super_Gnome
Level 11
HWMonitor is showing Chassis Fan #6 with this motherboard. I can't for the life of me imagine what fan this could be. There is no "Chassis Fan #6" in the manual so it is curious.

If anyone knows specifically what fan this is: thanks a mint in advance for your knowledge.
6 REPLIES 6

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Personally I use HWiNFO, but I'd recommend contacting CPUID for the most accurate response.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

AfterShock
Level 9
I'm pretty sure that's the chipset fan

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Hmm... Interesting. It spins at about double the speed of my case fans, like around 2300 rpm if I remember correctly. Does that jive with your thesis?

Super Gnome wrote:
Hmm... Interesting. It spins at about double the speed of my case fans, like around 2300 rpm if I remember correctly. Does that jive with your thesis?

Yes, that sounds about right for the chipset fan. It's funny, in the older BIOS versions you were able to adjust the chipset fan curve, but that ability has since been removed, not sure why.

Also, I don't have a fan speed for the chipset fan in HWInfo anymore, so it's strange that you do. What BIOS version are you on?

sc32valve wrote:
Yes, that sounds about right for the chipset fan. It's funny, in the older BIOS versions you were able to adjust the chipset fan curve, but that ability has since been removed, not sure why.

Also, I don't have a fan speed for the chipset fan in HWInfo anymore, so it's strange that you do. What BIOS version are you on?

Go to settings on the sensor panel and tick "show all fans". Make sure you're running the latest build. If you've updated the AGESA, it's possible HWinfo will need to update the suite before certain sensors will function again.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

sc32valve wrote:

Forgive the year later reply, lol. This rig's fans really fly vs with a Rampage VI Extreme Omega based Intel system (and also a Rampage III Black Edition and 990x based system), and it is curious, so I was looking at HWMonitor again today. It still shows the fan listed as Chassis #6 as flying virtually double the speed of the other fans. And I always update my BIOS almost as soon as new ones are released, so then, as now, the latest (I dont install Beta versions though, but the latest in this case is not Beta).

Edit: It turns out that fan is the AIO pump speed. In the BIOS under Monitor that is the only fan spinning that fast.