cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X299 won't post after 3501 FW update

howdyho1
Level 7
Flashed to 3501 last Friday. Set Extreme in the EZ System Tuning. Restarted. BIOS screen said 39% OC (Ok - that appears to be what I had before). Booted into Win 10 and ran for several hours. Sometime later, PC shutdown. Tried to restart and it wouldn't post.

1. Stopped at Q Code: BD
2. Disconnected power, wait, reconnect, tried to boot. Stop at BD.
3. Clear CMOS. Restart. Stop at BD
4. Flashback to 3403 using USB on back panel. Clear CMOS. Stop at BD
5. Repeated 3403 flashback. Clear CMOS. Stop at BD
6. Disconnect power. Pulled all the RAM, except 1 stick in slot C1. Made sure stick was seated properly Qcode goes to BD and then EC and stops.

Ideas?

Config:
Asus ROG STRIX X299E
i9-7900X
32G G-skill Trident Z 4133Ghz Quad DDR4 (forget clock, but seemed like it was 3200MHz)
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2
2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME
Custom loop (2x D5s, 2x Black Ice Rads, EK mono block for CPU)
EVGA 3090 K|ngP|n AiO (waiting for Optimus block) --> OLED on card boots properly
7 REPLIES 7

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
According to Q code, it might be failed at flashing BIOS. If you already flash back to 3403, but symptoms happened the same. I would like to suggest to contact local service to have a RMA. Apologize for any inconvenient.

RMA in progress. This looks like the best (only?) path forward.

JuSiZ1
Level 10
I have about same problem on OMEGA with newest 3403 and 3501 BIOS. My system boot only with default settings. if i add anything more than 2133mhz to ram system stops at BD. I Revert back to bios 3105 and now memory overclocking and everything working perfect. ASUS PLEASE FIX YOUR BIOSES!!!!

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi JuSiZ1,

Do you mean if you use ram G.skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZ, your pc boot only with default settings?
How did you adjust in bios to more than 2133mhz?
Could you please provide the following information via PM?
- the serial number of your motherboard
- please press ctrl+F2 to restore bios settings(more than 2133mhz and stopped at BD) to the USB drive
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi JuSiZ1,

Do you mean if you use ram G.skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZ, your pc boot only with default settings?
How did you adjust in bios to more than 2133mhz?
Could you please provide the following information via PM?
- the serial number of your motherboard
- please press ctrl+F2 to restore bios settings(more than 2133mhz and stopped at BD) to the USB drive
Thank you.

Adjust same how i use later bioses. even manually added 2400mhz will not post, allways stops qcode BD.
This what i test this far. On Bios 3501 only boot when everything is default. tried update me and it not help. tried bios 3403 same problem. tried non rebar bios 3301 and same problem. 3105 Bios with latest ME working without any problems. What is differences between those bioses? test both bios 1 & 2 and same problem occurring. 3105 allways post if only setting i chance is XMP on. newer bioses i don't get post if add anything more than 2133mhz mem oc.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi JuSiZ1,
Thank you for your reply.
Please check your PM.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi JuSiZ1,

Our tech team have tested our ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA with DDR4-3600 G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR *4 and enable XMP, it boot successfully on bios 3105 and 3501.
Please send the motherboard and ram to our local service center for further examination.
Please visit our official website for contact info of our local service center.
Thank you.