cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED ADVICE ON AIO and FAN positions on Z590-E Gaming

Pedro_Sanchez
Level 7
Hello,

I am unsure if I did the correct install regarding my AIO pin positions. I have Asus Z590-E gaming wirh NZXT Kraken X73 RGB. I see in bios cpu and fan / temp not being detected. In the manual I attache, there are 2 options to install the AIO. I have it on (B) option where it mentions CHA_FAN1P and pump to AIO_PUMP, I am not confident due to BIOS not detecting on the option (A). Should I leave it like this or should I swith to plan (A)?

Appreciate any help, thank you

Pit
5 REPLIES 5

BigJohnny
Level 13
You can disable the CPU fan alarm and plug the fans in wherever you want.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Pedro Sanchez wrote:
Hello,

I am unsure if I did the correct install regarding my AIO pin positions. I have Asus Z590-E gaming wirh NZXT Kraken X73 RGB. I see in bios cpu and fan / temp not being detected. In the manual I attache, there are 2 options to install the AIO. I have it on (B) option where it mentions CHA_FAN1P and pump to AIO_PUMP, I am not confident due to BIOS not detecting on the option (A). Should I leave it like this or should I swith to plan (A)?

Appreciate any help, thank you

Pit

Here is my recommendation.
1. the aio comes with a fan splitter. plug the fans, and connect those to the CPU FAN in the board.
2. The pump cable that comes from the breakup cable, is JUST a tachometer DOES NOT do anything aside reading RPM. These is control 100% buy the nzxt app. That cable can be plug to the aio_pump so you can see on another apps that is working.
3plug the sata to the power supply and you are done.
4. the other cable IS ONLY to plug ARGB strips made with NZXT.
5 in the bios pump can be what ever you want since just read speed. and control by the app when you installed it. the Fans you can put what ever you feal comfortable. i use turbo. OR make a nice curve in the bios for it.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
1. the aio comes with a fan splitter. plug the fans, and connect those to the CPU FAN in the board.
2. The pump cable that comes from the breakup cable, is JUST a tachometer DOES NOT do anything aside reading RPM. These is control 100% buy the nzxt app. That cable can be plug to the aio_pump so you can see on another apps that is working.
5 in the bios pump can be what ever you want since just read speed. and control by the app when you installed it. the Fans you can put what ever you feal comfortable. i use turbo. OR make a nice curve in the bios for it.

Thank you very much, will do the little adjustment..

MrAgapiGC wrote:

Thank you very much..

xmanrigger
Level 12
I would plug the pump into the AIO header and the fans into CPU Fan header. Make sure monitoring is enabled for both.

As BigJonny said, it doesnt matter where they are plugged in as long as the proper header. You just ignore the alarm.

But in this case, check and make sure fan monitor settings arent set to 'Ignore'. That may be the problem why not being reported.

CPU temp should be displayed regardless of settings. Not sure what is going on there.

Just saying, I am not big on powering any fan or pump from the motherboard headers. But then, my CPU and GPU are generally overclocked heavily. I only use headers for monitoring. Using the headers for a ****-ton of fans robs the motherboard of power. If you got a full bank of memory and a greedy graphics card, you can have issues when drawing power from the motherboard. I use a fan hub for fans. Only a RPM signal is sent to header. No power draw on motherboard.

I hope this helps. Pretty quiet around here. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: LOL. MrAgapiGC was typing the same time as me but hit POST first. Certainly follow his advise and try that. Sounds like he has the same or similar as you. I run custom water cooling. But as I said, I am not a fan of plugging a bunch of fans into the motherboard.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil