cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Please check my Overclocking Settings for RVE&5960X!!!

DarCraft
Level 7
I ask for the help of overclocking experts to check my motherboard settings for the safety of the set values!
Has it exceeded the recommended thresholds?
Screenshots of the bios settings are here:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/d2sA1WgXlR-1TA
Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101, CPU 5960x 4.5 GHz, Kingston HyperX Predator 32GB 3000MHz overclocked to 3133MHz with BCLK 98MHz
I am grateful in advance for any comments and corrections!
10 REPLIES 10

DarCraft
Level 7
Do I need to lower the following parameters to safe values?
PCH Core Voltage-1.100
PCH I/O Voltage - 1.500
VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage - 1.100
VCCIO PCH 1.05 V Voltage-1.100
CPU Cache Voltage 1.246875 and CPU System Agent Voltage 1.1000 are not high? Thank you for any help!

BigJohnny
Level 13
PCH is generally good at stock. Ive never had to mess with it. Whats your cache speed running at and your Package temp?

BigJohnny wrote:
PCH is generally good at stock. Ive never had to mess with it. Whats your cache speed running at and your Package temp?

CPU Core: 1.312 V (Temp 37 C°)
CPU VRM / CPU Input Voltage: 1.968 V (Temp 41 C°)
CPU VID: 1.296 V
CPU Cache: 1.246 V

CPU and VRM they are cooled by a EK-FB ASUS R5E Water Monoblock.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus-r5e-monoblock-acetal-nickel-original-csq
By STOCK, you mean AUTO or Set the STOCK values Manually?
PCH Core and PCH I/O switch to AUTO and VCCIO CPU 1.05V / VCCIO PCH 1.05 V from 1.100 to 1.05 V ?

DarCraft
Level 7

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Yes pch 1.05v is default so either this or auto is fine if you need a little more 1.1v

Input voltage also would be fine and recommended at 1.9v max assuming you're using llc-4 or 5

Haswell-e would get toasted on newer bios really focused on broadwell-e processors so it's good you limited

vccio cpu to 1.1
vccio pch to 1.1
Otherwise bios would zap these up to 1.35v++ when enabling xmp profiles and kill your 5960x is short time.

I usually peg both to system defaults 1.05 as well
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DarCraft
Level 7
ThrashZone
Hi,
Thank you for your help!
So, you are advising to reduce the CPU input voltage from 1.930 to 1.900, right?
Both VCCIO CPU 1.05V Voltage and VCCIO PCH 1.05V Voltage should be reduced from 1.10 to 1.05, right?
By the way, my CPU Load-line Calibration is set to Level 7. You recommend lowering it to Level 4 or 5, right?

MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme with Latest BIOS v4101
CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 32GB 3000MHz PC4-24000 CL15 1.35V (4 x 8 GB Kit) HX430C15PBK4/32

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Nice rig
Think only thing I would really change is the llc-7 down a little to llc-6
LLC-# you probably already know controls how much input voltage drops under stress/ vdroop

If you use hwinfo64 and monitor the min-max input voltage you'll see it
At 7 there is very little vdroop
https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Vdroop is a good thing so if it does not create instability set it to 6 and really, a good max on input voltage is under 1.95v and you're just a little above that at 1.97v I wouldn't use this 24/7 but just benchmarking is okay before I said 1.9v max to be more on the conservative side.

On auto input voltage would be closer to 2.0v lol so at least you're under this 😄

Only other item is min-max cache at 44 this is pretty wild your system is stable
Min 24 and max 38 at your same cache voltage of 1.1v is what I've used so seeing you use 44 is pretty wild but again if you're stable leave it alone 🙂

Otherwise you're already using pretty good max limits on voltages so as long as you're stable seems good, your chip and board are doing well on newer bios.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DarCraft
Level 7
ThrashZone
I really appreciate your help and advice.
Thanks

DarCraft
Level 7
ThrashZone
Hi,
Should I turn off or leave on Auto the ASUS MultiCore Enhancement?
Auto is the default value
Thanks