cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth & Wi-Fi not in Device Manager

Foxman50
Level 7
Hi All

New build of a X570-E Gaming Motherboard. I’m sure the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth was found in device manager originally however a month on they are nowhere to be seen. Ive checked the bios and both are enabled.

Anyone got any ideas?*
5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try this : Turn off your PC > Turn off your PSU for 15 sec > Turn on your PSU > Turn on your PC.

Well i thought you was taking the Mick, but that worked. Wouldn't and didn't even consider doing that. Is it a common issue? thank you very much for your input.

Foxman50 wrote:
Well i thought you was taking the Mick, but that worked. Wouldn't and didn't even consider doing that. Is it a common issue? thank you very much for your input.

You're welcome,

It's just a workaround, you need to fix the root cause in order to prevent this from happening again :

1) Update your BIOS to the last : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios
2) Update your drivers to the last : You need these drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

- AMD Chipset Drivers

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I21x-AT (1.0GbE)

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Also, if despite all this the issue recurs, disable hibernation (Windows Fast Startup included) :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
- Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt then restart your PC.

Thanks for he info. I had done this previously including advanced power settings to disable all hibernation and sleep functions. Thinking about it i only updated the bios to the latest none beta version a week ago, maybe this is when the bluetooth stopped. Ive only just had a requiremnet for it and don't use Wi-Fi so it wasn't obvious it had gone. *

Anyway i will double check everything and see how it goes. Thanks again

RedSector73
Level 12