cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G512LW - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - solved

Simmi0987
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I suspect it's a BSOD I've been getting when the system crashes with the display turned off and not returning correctly from sleep mode.

Been getting more constant problems with this recently. I seem to be getting this BSOD that will not create a dump file, it happens fairly randomly, however looking through the Event Viewer it seems to happens more often shortly after a Windows Update has been installed.

The system always reports it doesn't know why it shutdown.

Has anyone else had any issues with this recently? I've tried the usual sfc, chkdsk, dism, PCI Link Power Management, turning off Connected Standby, disabling Fast Boot etc.
5 REPLIES 5

RoccMajor
Level 7
Simmi0987 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I suspect it's a BSOD I've been getting when the system crashes with the display turned off and not returning correctly from sleep mode.

Been getting more constant problems with this recently. I seem to be getting this BSOD that will not create a dump file, it happens fairly randomly, however looking through the Event Viewer it seems to happens more often shortly after a Windows Update has been installed.

The system always reports it doesn't know why it shutdown.

Has anyone else had any issues with this recently? I've tried the usual sfc, chkdsk, dism, PCI Link Power Management, turning off Connected Standby, disabling Fast Boot etc.

Did you ever figure this out, it is driving me crazy.

RoccMajor wrote:
Did you ever figure this out, it is driving me crazy.

Yeah, it was the SSD. Basically whenever the system went in to low power, sleep or hibernate, the SSD would randomly fail to return from sleep mode. It would then be unable to read or write to/from the SSD (hence the lack of logs and the blue screens)

I got it replaced by Intel because ASUS support were utterly useless. They replaced loads of components including the main board, but never the SSD.

Hope this helps

Hi

Interesting feedback as I seem to face something very similar (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125604-BSOD-when-idle-with-Rog-Strix-G732LWS-17-possibly-t...)

The laptop is currently under repair by Asus but, in case they fail to fix it properly, may I know how you proved to Intel that their SSD was at fault ? Any log/software/test ?

Thanks!

feuxeu77 wrote:
Hi

Interesting feedback as I seem to face something very similar (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125604-BSOD-when-idle-with-Rog-Strix-G732LWS-17-possibly-t...)

The laptop is currently under repair by Asus but, in case they fail to fix it properly, may I know how you proved to Intel that their SSD was at fault ? Any log/software/test ?

Thanks!

I contacted Intel directly explaining that I thought it was the nVME drive because the replacement drive I put in solved all the issues I was having.

It fit with the issues I was experiencing too because the log files wouldn't write to the drive because the drive was still asleep, therefor, I was getting NO LOGS.

Hope this helps. Intel were super helpful

Very clear.

Thanks for you feedback!