cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG329Q Dead/stuck green pixel

kingsaadi
Level 7
Hi,

I just bought the PG329Q a few days ago and noticed a dead pixel on the first day. I returned the unit and got it replaced with a second unit. However, the same issue is there on the second unit with what seems to be a green dead pixel in the top right quarter of the screen as well as noticeable glow in the right top corner area.

See attached photos. Defective pixel is located above cursor.

Is there any way to fix this issue - particularly the stuck/dead pixel without returning the unit again?

Please advise.

Many thanks.
i7 3970x 4.0ghz
NZXT Kraken X61 with 2x Noctua industrial A14 2000rpm fans
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866mhz 8gbx4
Corsair AX1200
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus Xonar Essence STX
EVGA 2x GTX980 SLI
Intel 520 Series SSD 480gb
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Asus 24x DVDRW
NZXT Phantom 820
2 REPLIES 2

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
Good day.

According to the photo, it's a dark dot. A Pixel consists of sub-pixels: one red, one green and one blue dot. A bright dot is a sub-pixel that is always on under Black pattern. A dark dot is a sub-pixel that is always off under any pattern.

Since LCD panel is made up of millions of micro electronic pixels, if one pixel no longer functions normally, it will become a bright or dark dot. By ISO 13406-2 standards, ASUS conforms to the acceptance level between 3 to 5 defective bright/dark pixels. In order to deliver ultimate vision experience to ASUS customer, if your panel is less than or equal to the above number of dots, then, it is considered as an acceptable LCD monitor.

Pleaser refer to ASUS warranty policy:
https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/32-to-34-inches/rog-swift-pg329q-model/helpdesk_warranty

kingsaadi
Level 7
That standard has been withdrawn and revised by ISO 9241-302, 303, 305 and 307:2008 standards.

I have had many monitors, low and high end, and a few LCD/LED tvs over the course of the last decade and NEVER had a single monitor with dead pixels even after 7+yrs. It seems quite reasonable to expect panels used in high end monitors to be free from pixel defects. Sure, if it's a large 4k tv which is usually viewed from a distance a few dead/stuck pixels can be acceptable. However, monitors are viewed from a close distance and given the pixel density of monitors like the PG329Q, any pixel defect is easily noticeable.

Frankly, the reference to ISO standard seems like an excuse to use defective panels on monitors and selling them off as high end products - something I'm sure most people wouldn't accept.
i7 3970x 4.0ghz
NZXT Kraken X61 with 2x Noctua industrial A14 2000rpm fans
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866mhz 8gbx4
Corsair AX1200
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus Xonar Essence STX
EVGA 2x GTX980 SLI
Intel 520 Series SSD 480gb
WD Caviar Black 2TB
Asus 24x DVDRW
NZXT Phantom 820