cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please Help" New Build Wont Boot Motherboard Error 69.

EnvyYou
Level 7
PC Parts –

Intel Core i7 11700K Processor
ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming Wi-Fi Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 128GB (4x32GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC 12GB
Samsung 980 PRO M.2 PCI-E Gen4 NVMe SSD 1TB
Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000W Power Supply
Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Hi all,

Could I get some help please, brand-new PC all parts are brand new out of the box today and PC is in a boot loop with error code 69 on the motherboard.

Things I have tried

· Re-seated CPU

· Tried 3 working Ram sticks (From other systems)

· Removed all Hard drives RGB, other USB and Fan Cables.

· Reset CMOS

· Removed battery

· Resist all power cables

· BIOS Flashback

· Removed GFX Card.

Currently PC is running with only 1 memory chip, CPU cooler, 24-pin ATX cable, 8-pin EPS cable and 4+4 pin EPS cable.

The system will still not boot – Here is a photo of where the EPS cables are attached just to clarify.

Also page 1-24 of the motherboard manual indicates that a white light is a VGA issue, how would this be possible with no GFX card installed ?

9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
Based on everything you've done I'm guessing motherboard or CPU issue? Without other parts to test it would be difficult to say exactly. Before you return to the shop or RMA I would take everything out of the case and rebuild the system on a non-conductive surface. It's an exercise that will force you to step through everything in case you missed something and it eliminates any weird shorts to the chassis. While it's out I would carefully inspect the socket to make sure no pins are bent. Also if you can use stock PSU cables that would be a good test as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

EnvyYou
Level 7
Quick update on this and the things that i have tried

Removed Motherboard from Case and placed on desk.
Tried a new Powersupply.
Tried Original Cables
Checked CPU Socket for bent pins and they are fine.

The only thing i haven't tried is a different CPU but that is hard to source.

Would one assume at this stage it is probably the motherboard ?

Rocket_Scientis
Level 8
Did you tried to turn off PC and clear CMOS or use BIOS flashback usb port and flash latest BIOS?

xeromist
So, an anti-static bag is actually conductive. It's how they work. They're good for storage and transport but not being in contact with powered electronics. You're better off running directly on the table or some cardboard.

Yes, I agree it's more likely the motherboard. My sense is a DOA CPU is less common.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
So, an anti-static bag is actually conductive. It's how they work. They're good for storage and transport but not being in contact with powered electronics. You're better off running directly on the table or some cardboard.

Yes, I agree it's more likely the motherboard. My sense is a DOA CPU is less common.

Its good to know about the bag, in my defense the motherboard did brick its self before i put it on the anti static bag.
To update this i have attempted some new things.

Tried a brand new CPU ( Same Issue)
Tried to flash BIOS using BIOS Flashback to these versions all failed. 1007 0902 0707 0605 0232

Since i was building a system for a friend i actually have two of these boards, i placed everyone of my components into his motherboard after getting his permission, and the system boots and when the components go back to the original board error 69.

So im guessing my only option is RMA?

Thanks

EnvyYou wrote:
Its good to know about the bag, in my defense the motherboard did brick its self before i put it on the anti static bag.
To update this i have attempted some new things.

Tried a brand new CPU ( Same Issue)
Tried to flash BIOS using BIOS Flashback to these versions all failed. 1007 0902 0707 0605 0232

Since i was building a system for a friend i actually have two of these boards, i placed everyone of my components into his motherboard after getting his permission, and the system boots and when the components go back to the original board error 69.

So im guessing my only option is RMA?

Thanks

Yes, if you bought them from a retailer you should attempt an exchange there first. It's generally more expedient. If you're past the retailer's return window then you go to the manufacturer.

xeromist wrote:

I build on a lucky bath towel. lol 😛
Z790 Epiphenomenal Raptor Bench

ROG Z790 Apex / Intel 13900KS SP111 P121 E93 MC83
Gskill 8000 kit - TM5 stable at 8200MT/s 38 48 48 121 VDD and VDDQ 1.5v
WD_Black SN850X 1TB 7300MB/s Reads 6300MB/s Writes
LG 32in 4K IPS 32UP83A-W

Zardoc
Level 10
I would also agree. You can't troubleshoot more than that. 😞

Grimpak
Level 8
have you tried another cable to the monitor? This usually happens with amd gpus but, some of them don't boot well when using DP, instead using HDMI usually solves the problem.

Worth a shot?