4 REPLIES 4

Kelutrel
Level 11
Paul.keil wrote:
Just loaded firmware 3801
No SATA drives inc DVD drive , not listed in system ,device manager
External USB item all working Ok
any one having same problem any fix apart from reloading older firmware

Hi, I am using BIOS 3801 on a C8F and my SATA device is behaving as expected from what I can see. I have a 4TB 860 EVO.
I suggest for you to try and reset the bios settings with the hardware button, and then load the optimized defaults without touching any other setting, and see if you can see again your SATA devices like that.
It is also known that even a slight variation on the BCLK will cause the SATA devices to fail or be unavailable, so ensure that your BCLK is set to Auto or 100.

Kelutrel wrote:
Hi, I am using BIOS 3801 on a C8F and my SATA device is behaving as expected from what I can see. I have a 4TB 860 EVO.
I suggest for you to try and reset the bios settings with the hardware button, and then load the optimized defaults without touching any other setting, and see if you can see again your SATA devices like that.
It is also known that even a slight variation on the BCLK will cause the SATA devices to fail or be unavailable, so ensure that your BCLK is set to Auto or 100.

Hi thanks for info Loaded optimized defaults as per suggest now all working Sata drives returned

3801 I also have issue with - lost USB mouse, and can't run at DCOP settings, have to load optimized defaults to boot. Even then, I lost USB Mouse. I reverted to 3703 still can only boot with optimized defaults - changing to DCOP fails to boot. Dropped again to 3601 with same result. 3801 has apparently done a number on my 5950X with 64GB :(. Basically running in Auto/non DCOP mode now and will fuss around with it this weekend I guess.

78Staff wrote:
3801 I also have issue with - lost USB mouse, and can't run at DCOP settings, have to load optimized defaults to boot. Even then, I lost USB Mouse. I reverted to 3703 still can only boot with optimized defaults - changing to DCOP fails to boot. Dropped again to 3601 with same result. 3801 has apparently done a number on my 5950X with 64GB :(. Basically running in Auto/non DCOP mode now and will fuss around with it this weekend I guess.

FWIW I sorted out my issue with 3801 - had to turn off the TPM Security setting option. After that, everything worked fine. Also seems to be running cooler under load than 3703 as well.