cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Flare & Armoury Crate

gryphon2
Level 7
Have just bought a new Strix Flare, it did the prerequisite updates via Armoury Crate but can't access the settings page for the keyboard - just get Loading with circling red dots. There is a message underneath the Loading but it's blurred so no idea what it says.

I assume there should be some settings accessible in Armoury Crate but the manual doesn't really give much away!

Thanks in adavance
9 REPLIES 9

EightDeer
Level 7
Does the keyboard have a checkmark on the Aura Sync page? If it does, uncheck it.

gryphon2 wrote:
Have just bought a new Strix Flare, it did the prerequisite updates via Armoury Crate but can't access the settings page for the keyboard - just get Loading with circling red dots. There is a message underneath the Loading but it's blurred so no idea what it says.

I assume there should be some settings accessible in Armoury Crate but the manual doesn't really give much away!

Thanks in adavance

EightDeer wrote:
Does the keyboard have a checkmark on the Aura Sync page? If it does, uncheck it.

No tick in the box.
Have even reinstalled Armoury Crate but with same result.

If I tick the box the keyboard syncs fine with Aura Sync for lighting efffects, but untick and I can't access the settings

What motherboard and graphics card are you using?

Asus ROG Strix Z590-F
nVidia 970 (currently) to be upgraded today to Asus ROG Strix 3070Ti

EightDeer wrote:
What motherboard and graphics card are you using?

smethyx
Level 7
gryphon2 wrote:

Thanks in adavance

Same issue with Falchion

I found a fix. Someone said disabling aura sync of the keyboard works. That didn't worked first time so I tried to disable then enable the sync and by this way I managed to get into settings. So its something about software to trying to connect to on board memory to sync profiles. Try this maybe will work for you too.

Oh I tried that many times and couldn't get into the settings at all.

I've returned the keyboard to Amazon now and replaced it with a ROG Scope RX instead - which is working as it should. Doesn't have all the lighting of the Flare but I do prefer the keys - not so hollow and "clicky" sounding.

smethyx wrote:
I found a fix. Someone said disabling aura sync of the keyboard works. That didn't worked first time so I tried to disable then enable the sync and by this way I managed to get into settings. So its something about software to trying to connect to on board memory to sync profiles. Try this maybe will work for you too.

Nice. Armoury Crate is still a mess. I don't understand why Asus still can't make this software decent.

I'm getting the exact same problem with the Flare keyboard, the spinning dots are in the background and a message is blurred out with no way of accessing the settings for the Flare keyboard. I've tried to uninstall Crate and reinstalled it at a fresh windows install. Still months later I can't change the settings on my expensive keyboard!!

Finally after a FULL Windows 11 reinstallation and install Armoury Crate after all other updates etc. I can now access my keyboard.