Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61
  1. #31
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    5
    Posts
    65

    Lightbulb

    Ok. So I've repro static noise using ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5 like Sasha did in his video. If you can't repro, try to use different songs, higher volume level and higher samping rate e.g. 192000 Hz and 24 Bit.
    Audio track in my video: Metallica - Sad But True.
    Volume level: 20%.
    Speakers: EDIFIER R2750DB (line 1 RCA) and rear Realtek audio out (lime).
    Also there is same weird sound cuts when I switching AI Cooling toggle and my mouse hangs sometimes for a second and not reacting (tried with SteelSeries Sensei Ten and ASUS ROG STRIX Evolve). When static sound plays you can see how volume slider is being slightly unresponsive, it's lagging when I change volume.
    No errors, same behaviour with BIOS optimized default settings, different BIOS versions and even on clean Win 10 installation without Realtek driver (with Microsoft default audio driver).
    This sound issue can occurs everywhere. Dual Intelligent Processors 5 - it's just the fastest way to repro this issue.
    Imagine what people feel when this crap happens suddenly at the high volume when people don't expecting this at all

    Video:
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 09-30-2021 at 04:39 AM.

  2. #32
    ROG Member Array AguchoB PC Specs
    AguchoB PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z590-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Kabylake i7-11700k
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR WHITE LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1070GTX
    Sound CardAsus FX Supreme
    MonitorSamsung G5 27
    Storage #1Kingston SSD v300 240gb
    Storage #2HHD 2TB Western Digital Black
    CPU CoolerEVGA CL120MM AIO WATER COOLER
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 Ed. III
    Power SupplySeasonic 600W Plus gold
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Tournament Chroma
    Headset Coolermaster Master Pulse
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Xemal X750
    OS Windows 11 Workstation x64
    Accessory #1 Wif/Bluetooth

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Hello community, how are you? I also come to say that I had the same problem, both, the audio blasting and the static noise occurs in the audio and it stays making that static rain noise until I reset the audio service via windows powershell or change the sampling rate in sonic studio 3


    I take the opportunity to clarify that I use the analog audio input, and that I have already applied the firmware and updates and flash bios to correct any possible problem.
    I really believe that all users of the Asus ROG range need the company to give us an answer since we have always been customers who bet on the brand.
    I tried using bluetooth headphones and I had no problems.

    @Rocket Scientist i have the same problem as you, you can repro it in a more easy way, take a video on youtube and make random click in the time line bar to foward the video and the bug come out.

    fresh install of win10 doesnt resolve the issue either.

  3. #33
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    445

    I will ask this question again, please do not ignore again.. Why are you using Realtek USB audio to drive your speakers?
    Last edited by Saltgrass; 09-28-2021 at 04:05 PM.

  4. #34
    ROG Member Array AguchoB PC Specs
    AguchoB PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z590-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Kabylake i7-11700k
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR WHITE LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1070GTX
    Sound CardAsus FX Supreme
    MonitorSamsung G5 27
    Storage #1Kingston SSD v300 240gb
    Storage #2HHD 2TB Western Digital Black
    CPU CoolerEVGA CL120MM AIO WATER COOLER
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 Ed. III
    Power SupplySeasonic 600W Plus gold
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Tournament Chroma
    Headset Coolermaster Master Pulse
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Xemal X750
    OS Windows 11 Workstation x64
    Accessory #1 Wif/Bluetooth

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I will ask this question again, please do not ignore again.. Why are you using Realtek USB audio to drive your speakers?


    because that is the driver that is installed and the driver that the manufacturer provides for the audio outputs and the motherboard model in correlation with the integrated chipset.

  5. #35
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    59
    Posts
    139

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    I will ask this question again, please do not ignore again.. Why are you using Realtek USB audio to drive your speakers?
    I don't see your question in this post before now,

    Either I'm confused or your question doesn't make sense. the majority of people use that output to drive their speakers because it's the codec on the board. We aren't talking about amps and digital adapters, just plain sound codec. You have the same codec. Why don't you say what you're getting at or maybe the nature of your question so at least I can understand.

  6. #36
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    445

    This is Windows 11 but my Win 10 shows the same thing. USB audio goes through USB ports.. Normal audio is used for the analog outputs on the back.. The USB audio in the second attachment is for my VR headset with uses USB audio..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RealSd.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	90083

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RealSd2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	90085
    Last edited by Saltgrass; 09-28-2021 at 04:26 PM. Reason: More Info

  7. #37
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    5
    Posts
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    This is Windows 11 but my Win 10 shows the same thing. USB audio goes through USB ports.. Normal audio is used for the analog outputs on the back..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RealSd.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	90083
    ALC4080 and ALC4082 are designed that way. They using USB via chipset lanes. if you can't see USB, that's only means that you installed not full pack of drivers or driver is not fully compatible Windows 11. Doesn't matter. What is matter - in fact it's still using USB, Like you or not. Fact.
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 09-28-2021 at 04:26 PM.

  8. #38
    ROG Member Array AguchoB PC Specs
    AguchoB PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z590-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Kabylake i7-11700k
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR WHITE LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1070GTX
    Sound CardAsus FX Supreme
    MonitorSamsung G5 27
    Storage #1Kingston SSD v300 240gb
    Storage #2HHD 2TB Western Digital Black
    CPU CoolerEVGA CL120MM AIO WATER COOLER
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 Ed. III
    Power SupplySeasonic 600W Plus gold
    Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Tournament Chroma
    Headset Coolermaster Master Pulse
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Xemal X750
    OS Windows 11 Workstation x64
    Accessory #1 Wif/Bluetooth

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    ALC4080 and ALC4082 are designed that way. They using USB via chipset lanes. if you can't see USB, that's only means that you installed not full pack of drivers or driver is not fully compatible Windows 11. Doesn't matter. What is matter - in fact it's still using USB, Like you or not. Fact.
    thx

  9. #39
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    445

    @AguchoB.. I am checking my XIII system in Win 10 to see what it shows. It is different from the XII.

    OK, I give up, the XIII seems to be using the USB version also. I suppose I am lucky I have not seen any problems. Sorry.

    I will assume Windows 11 is not involved on my system but we will know for sure in a few days.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos RealSd3.jpg  

    RealSd4.jpg  

    Last edited by Saltgrass; 09-28-2021 at 06:40 PM. Reason: New Info

  10. #40
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    5
    Posts
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    @AguchoB.. You can say it all you want but it doesn't make it true. But the bottom line I am not having a problem with the 4082. If nothing else, try using the other version to see if it makes a difference.
    It won't cancel the fact that 4082 use USB via chipset lanes. This is how both ALC4080\4082 work.
    ALC 4082 don't have this issue and this is pointing that is ALC4080 hardware design flaw or amplification issues.
    Please stop your pointless offtop.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •