Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    First of all I want to notice this issue is not present on ALC 4082 analog outputs. So, no sense to tweak anything in OS since ALC 4080 codec gives static sound out of the box. Firmware fixes only ALC 4080/4082 SPDIF static noise but not analog for ALC 4080.
    Sampling rate change or default settings won't eliminate random static noise. Same behavior occurs if Realtek audio drivers (incl. SS3, SR and DTS) are NOT installed at all, just Windows audio driver on clean WIndows 10 installed OS.
    ASUS support insist this is a faulty motherboard which should be RMA and completely ignores the fact that many Z590 boards with ALC 4080 codec have this issue, even from other vendors. This is not just particular motherboard or model problem.
    RMA in this case will be problematic because problem can occurs randomly and in circumstances when person should rewind videos or audio tracks. Which will take a while and I have a doubts someone will rewind all this stuff all day long for several days just to catch it. More likely they will test motherboard for few days and say that board works fine. This is not the case when you launch stress test and check results later. + I saw reports from users who had the same issue with replaced Z590 after RMA. Replace "faulty" Z590 motherboard with another "faulty" Z590 motherboard with ALC 4080 or pay even more extra for ALC 4082 board? I'd say even more, if this is a board malfunction, why this static noise over analog outputs is just not play always? Why only in some circumstances? It have the same behaviour SPDIF output had before firmware upgrade.
    If this is a hardware design flaw, they should admit that and do a recall or they\Realtek should revisit ALC 4080 firmware\ boards BIOS and check if they can fix analog outputs behaviour or not. Because end-user just cannot do anything at his end.

I'm not even touching long WIndows boot issue https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audi...90-issues.html
    Or usb devices hangs during boot with Realtek audio drivers installed on ALC 4080 boards if you have few external HDDs or pendrives plugged in rear usb ports.
    They (vendors) just ignore this almost for 6 months. They will play dead till the end, while they can and do not admit anything if they cannot fix this. Known strategy.
    I got the chance to test this on a seperate z590 asus board and it occured there as well. RMA'ing would indeed be pointless because from what I can tell? It's on every z590 asus board using the same audio chip.

New ROGer Array

2021/12/09 3.37 MBytes
    ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool release
    Fixed Line Out playing music is noisy

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Johnips View Post
    2021/12/09 3.37 MBytes
    ALC4080/ALC4082 audio FW update tool release
    Fixed Line Out playing music is noisy
    i try to run it. does not work. OR i am missing something. i am on with someone that thinks he knows more than me and has a job. I think they do not know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-12 063800.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	91004

BUt i did trace the issue and i confirm it with 3 computers z590. know i need to find the why. so far is the driver. does not manner where that is coming from. Windows drivers the white noise is not present even when i force it. for know that is what i have. I did take time with the board, none have chip or circuit damage. for now and after weeks of using windows drivers for audio (they add a version of it own) white noise IS NOT PRESENT. strix hero and extreme
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    i try to run it. does not work. OR i am missing something. i am on with someone that thinks he knows more than me and has a job. I think they do not know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-12 063800.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	91004

BUt i did trace the issue and i confirm it with 3 computers z590. know i need to find the why. so far is the driver. does not manner where that is coming from. Windows drivers the white noise is not present even when i force it. for know that is what i have. I did take time with the board, none have chip or circuit damage. for now and after weeks of using windows drivers for audio (they add a version of it own) white noise IS NOT PRESENT. strix hero and extreme
    Run it as admin and it'll work, not been able to test it yet on my main pc though but worked on another board. (Worked meaning it could update the firmware, not really tested it the bug has been resolved.)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Would be great to see any reward for people who digged this problem, wasted their time and effort instead enjoy their products and experienced all those "heart attacks " from random noise-blasts for all these months. Nice touch like a free games or something would be great. It won't cost anything for such large company to reward a few folks since you have all kind of promos all the time for ASUS products purchase anyway. Or pay and suffer is the only path with ASUS?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    Would be great to see any reward for people who digged this problem, wasted their time and effort instead enjoy their products and experienced all those "heart attacks " from random noise-blasts for all these months. Nice touch like a free games or something would be great. It won't cost anything for such large company to reward a few folks since you have all kind of promos all the time for ASUS products purchase anyway. Or pay and suffer is the only path with ASUS?
    So, with the update, you haven't seen any issues so far. I'm so busy working that I had to pull back for a while.

I totally agree with you. I worked my buns off and lost many hours to make sure that sufficient proof was given to validate the problem.

You and Nuckels kept this thread alive. In my 20 plus years of working with a few board makers I have seen some like (VIA were I modded for a few years) reward users for their commitment to making good quality products.

Now, as for Asus, they aren't that bad (still get me upset because you need to draw, describe, repeat etc.) but I don't know if they do have that recognition for diehard customers.

New ROGer Array

Hi, z590 apex here. I was shocked the first time this static popped. It's a nightmare. The thing would just pop even when playing chess lol, it gave me the scare of my life.

I can confirm it can occur through the backpanel output jack and also the spdif output no difference at all even with the amplifier. I digged a bit on my side, did the firmware update, tried different drivers, I switched the gpu to another slot and the issue is still present and totally random. I've given up on it and disabled the hd audio in the bios and I'm now using a usb DAC.

I tried to contact Asus about it, they didn't seem to understand the issue and recommended that I rma the mb.

ROG Enthusiast Array Grimpak PC Specs
    Grimpak PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus XIII Apex
    Processori9 11900f
    Graphics Card #1Watercooled MSI Vega 64 Airboost OC
    Sound CardSteelseries GameDac
    Storage #1WD SN850 500GB
    Storage #2Raid0'ed 2xWD SN550 1TB
    CPU CoolerModified EK-MLC Phoenix + Eisbaer aurora 360
    CaseCooler Master SL600M Black Edition
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus gold 1000w
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex Pro
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 710

Quote Originally Posted by arkama6767 View Post
    Hi, z590 apex here. I was shocked the first time this static popped. It's a nightmare. The thing would just pop even when playing chess lol, it gave me the scare of my life.

I can confirm it can occur through the backpanel output jack and also the spdif output no difference at all even with the amplifier. I digged a bit on my side, did the firmware update, tried different drivers, I switched the gpu to another slot and the issue is still present and totally random. I've given up on it and disabled the hd audio in the bios and I'm now using a usb DAC.

I tried to contact Asus about it, they didn't seem to understand the issue and recommended that I rma the mb.
    did you update to the latest firmware? in my case it seems that it has solved it.

New ROGer Array

still does it

I Updated firmware, still does it for me on Z690 Hero All driver versions.

I am using an Analog headset from Sennheiser on back speaker and mic in.
    Last edited by Juice2643; 02-21-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7