Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi everyone,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (MB | Intel 5xx & AMD 5xx/TRX40).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Once it's done, follow these 2 TIPS :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
    - Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
    - If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    - At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC

Notes :

- Don't touch to the default sampling rate (48000Hz 24Bits) in a first time to test (for information, DTS Sound Unbound is incompatible with a sampling rate above 48000Hz 24Bits).
    - If you want troubleshoot drivers side (in order to provide ASUS Support with more targeted elements of the possible root cause), take a look at this post.
    - If that doesn't fix or reduce your issue, open a ticket with ASUS Support (and/or you can post in ROG Care section : ROG Care).
    First of all I want to notice this issue is not present on ALC 4082 analog outputs. So, no sense to tweak anything in OS since ALC 4080 codec gives static sound out of the box. Firmware fixes only ALC 4080/4082 SPDIF static noise but not analog for ALC 4080.
    Sampling rate change or default settings won't eliminate random static noise. Same behavior occurs if Realtek audio drivers (incl. SS3, SR and DTS) are NOT installed at all, just Windows audio driver on clean WIndows 10 installed OS.
    ASUS support insist this is a faulty motherboard which should be RMA and completely ignores the fact that many Z590 boards with ALC 4080 codec have this issue, even from other vendors. This is not just particular motherboard or model problem.
    RMA in this case will be problematic because problem can occurs randomly and in circumstances when person should rewind videos or audio tracks. Which will take a while and I have a doubts someone will rewind all this stuff all day long for several days just to catch it. More likely they will test motherboard for few days and say that board works fine. This is not the case when you launch stress test and check results later. + I saw reports from users who had the same issue with replaced Z590 after RMA. Replace "faulty" Z590 motherboard with another "faulty" Z590 motherboard with ALC 4080 or pay even more extra for ALC 4082 board? I'd say even more, if this is a board malfunction, why this static noise over analog outputs is just not play always? Why only in some circumstances? It have the same behaviour SPDIF output had before firmware upgrade.
    If this is a hardware design flaw, they should admit that and do a recall or they\Realtek should revisit ALC 4080 firmware\ boards BIOS and check if they can fix analog outputs behaviour or not. Because end-user just cannot do anything at his end.

I'm not even touching long WIndows boot issue https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audi...90-issues.html
    Or usb devices hangs during boot with Realtek audio drivers installed on ALC 4080 boards if you have few external HDDs or pendrives plugged in rear usb ports.
    They (vendors) just ignore this almost for 6 months. They will play dead till the end, while they can and do not admit anything if they cannot fix this. Known strategy.
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 09-04-2021 at 12:45 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Bump.
    Example of MSI Z590 Carbon analog static sound
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 09-13-2021 at 01:15 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    Just had a short conversation with a guy who have the same problem on his M13Apex too with 5.1 analog outputs. He also claims that the issue occurs more frequent with 192000Hz\32Bit sampling rate.
    Do you have the same problem with Bluetooth sound? If it were happening there perhaps the problem was starting prior to the Audio processor..

I see comments from other Manufactures boards doing the same thing. My Hero XIII has a 4082 version and having no problems.

IF you RMA the board, it will, at least now, still have the same audio processor.

White noise like that is not easy to create.. It could be some type of failure of the audio chip or some internal device is feeding into the sound at a basic level.

Right now, my system does not show a Realtek Audio output except for the USB Audio which is different. It does have High Definition Audio device using Windows drivers. My XII Hero, in Win 11, is showing both the Realtek USB2.0 Audio and Realtek(R) Audio..

Also, make sure the connections for you audio devices are good. If one was not making good contact, it could also introduce distortion.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Igor's Lab digging this problem with analog static noise and cuts out.

Long story short:

Now we come to the actual problem, namely the dropouts, sporadic volume changes and even a (rather rare) unmotivated “pop” when the volume control is set above 50%. Here I have used my manufacturer contacts and asked directly to the producers and their development departments. If you believe the first findings of the FAE (Field Application Engineer) involved everywhere, the problem even lies outside the audio chip, namely in the MCU (Micro Controller Unit), which is responsible for the RGB effects of the individual components.

English article https://www.igorslab.de/en/realtek-a...st-workaround/

ROG Enthusiast Array tadekm PC Specs
    tadekm PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z590-A Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 11700K
    Memory (part number)IRX3000D464L16S/8G x4 (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1Intel UHD 750
    MonitorDELL S3422DWG
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO 512GB NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 980 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerFortis 3
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 650
    Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
    Headset SONY XB900N
    Headset/Speakers Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
    OS Windows 11
    Network RouterMikrotik hAP AC2

So the quick questions : is it Realtek fault or ASUS? Is it repairable by new firmware/drivers or I will have to return my mobo to ASUS to get refund ?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

I support this post and hope to get this resolved.
    https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audi...90-issues.html

ROG Enthusiast Array

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tadekm View Post
    So the quick questions : is it Realtek fault or ASUS? Is it repairable by new firmware/drivers or I will have to return my mobo to ASUS to get refund ?
    Nobody knows yet if they're will be able to fix this via another firmware update. First of all they are not admit anything and disguising as unaware idiots. If this is a hardware design flaw, then most likely - no. In this case we have to RMA boards and demand replacement to boards with non-problematic onboard audio (not ALC4080 boards) or ask for refund. This is a chipmaker fault I guess, but we have purchased boards from vendors and should demand replacement\refund from vendors or stores. Vendors have to demand something from chipmakers but this is their business which they will solve between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
    I support this post and hope to get this resolved.
    https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audi...90-issues.html
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Rocket Scientist; 09-18-2021 at 08:05 PM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    Igor's Lab digging this problem with analog static noise and cuts out.

Long story short:

Now we come to the actual problem, namely the dropouts, sporadic volume changes and even a (rather rare) unmotivated “pop” when the volume control is set above 50%. Here I have used my manufacturer contacts and asked directly to the producers and their development departments. If you believe the first findings of the FAE (Field Application Engineer) involved everywhere, the problem even lies outside the audio chip, namely in the MCU (Micro Controller Unit), which is responsible for the RGB effects of the individual components.

English article https://www.igorslab.de/en/realtek-a...st-workaround/
    He say on the video that is maybe probably is the rgb. i did send my notes to them also. i did make some test around that and is not the RGB. As he mention adding the SPIDF firmware update did help a little. I report these around the time of z590 deployment since i did have the board early. still random. and is kind easy to reproduce. i have test the oem drivers that is 6.3.9600.2276 (z590-e) and the one from the forums (that btw works nicely and better), without changing any settings. i try also change the Hz, also is random. With rgb program and without rgb app installed. for now i can not see the why. It happens mostly on all oem boards on some point that has the same chip. I can go like 2 weeks without the white noice (that is the sound that comes out) and can be 1 day and have those 3 times or so. Those are 1 of the 2 issues that I am checking. Is not a driver fix. Happens on W11 (dev and beta) and current W10. The DTS app i always remove. and is not it. also is not the ai noise cancellation since is not running. A windows update make it better since was running all the time, and get better on W11.
    Last edited by MrAgapiGC; 09-20-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

Thanks for making me aware of this thread, my z590-E gaming wifi suffers from the exact same problem. I am avoiding it by having a 10hour youtube video playing at all times as that noise gives me a heartattack. I REALLY HOPE this gets resolved without having to get replacement boards zz....

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Thanks for making me aware of this thread, my z590-E gaming wifi suffers from the exact same problem. I am avoiding it by having a 10hour youtube video playing at all times as that noise gives me a heartattack. I REALLY HOPE this gets resolved without having to get replacement boards zz....
    Rma the board is not a fix. and as far your board is not bad. But since our audio is direct link to usb, maybe a chip set driver.... or a firmware... i do not know. But as far and my own test goes... IS NOT a RGB related. at least as a software or app. that i am 100% sure. The website state that is not own board. is all that have he audio codex chip.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast