cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram issue

KraZy_SkitZy
Level 7
Recently decided to reseat an repaste my system, along with reseating ram just cause recent game issues I've had. Reseated ram first, no fix, went for the repaste/seat and had error Ad and 0d (varied upon reseating cpu numerous times) Started removing ram an basically the third slot from the left, and got a boot, till i hit the third slot from the left, which once a stick is thrown in with all slots populated causes the pc to turn off an on endlessly. has been working fine until recently had game issues (memory write errors that would cause two of my games to ctd (pubg, an bl3)) So i'm stumped
cleared cmos, did bios flashback etc
1950x
x399 Strix
8x8gb Geil 3600 @ 3200
Radeon VII
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
First try dropping the memory to lower speed (2666?) and see if that makes a difference. 3200 is an overclock for 1st gen Ryzen so you might have some aging silicon that can't hold the same speed at that voltage.

If you still seem to get issues with that slot it could still be worth doing memtest on all the sticks just to make sure you don't have any bad sticks in the mix as well. Do one or two at a time with slots you know work OK.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I've lowered memory all the way to 2133, an i have tried every combination of ram an all the sticks in that one slot an it always causes the problems. An I have 8 sticks to try to rule out a faulty stick. So leads me to widdle it down to a cpu or mobo prob.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

If practical, remove the motherboard from the chassis and test again
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

If practical, remove the motherboard from the chassis and test again

Just curious what will that do or hope to do? Thats a last resort, as if I remove itll be to be sent away or replaced haha

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Just curious what will that do or hope to do? Thats a last resort, as if I remove itll be to be sent away or replaced haha

Hello,

Often users can over torque stand off screws or it may resolve an issue with that's otherwise unseen prior to removal.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Often users can over torque stand off screws or it may resolve an issue with that's otherwise unseen prior to removal.

Just an update, I got it working again. Did what I normally wouldn't do if I wasn't ready to shelve the unit, I sprayed down the contacts on the cpu with contact cleaner, and now everything is working like it did before.
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm still getting error code 33 on the mobo when TPM is enabled. If I disable TPM its AA...
Since an actual Asus mod is present in this thread, how about some push for Resizeable bar for the x399 platform, especially the over priced Zenith at least...

BigJohnny
Level 13
Id have used denatured alcohol. Contact cleaner can be a bit rough.

BigJohnny wrote:
Id have used denatured alcohol. Contact cleaner can be a bit rough.

Was what I had on hand an was fed up anyways. Haha.
So that wasn't my issue. Something is up with the mounting pressure.. Went to repaste as I wasn't happy with my thermals. Installed cooler again an get error 0d. After tinkering for a awhile I was able to get it to boot by holding pressure on the cooler. Cpu is torqued an when all this I reseated the CPU many times, so I'm at a loss on why it needs pressure from the cooler to boot... Next time I'm motivated I may throw a washer under each mounting post an see if it works, but still can't figure out why this is what I've come down to.