New ROGer Array

RoG Claymore 2 - modular numpad constantly spamming an input

Hi,

I bought an Asus RoG Claymore 2 last week, noticed the number 3 key didn't work on the keypad, but later found out the number was was constantly being spammed.

I tried to fathom why it didn't work so restarted PC, thought maybe the 3 on my Naga was being pressed and stopping it etc so eventually restarted the PC again this is when I tried to google Asus support it came out as "A3sus". This got me thinking as I didn't type number 3. So restated PC once again, tried to use google, didnt type anything only to get "3" spammed. I tried to press 3 to stop it (had similar issues in games were character would continue to walk forward from a W press when I released and would press it again to reset the input) but this didnt stop it spamming "3", I press 123 on the numpad and this gave me the input of 12 and 3 stopped spamming. This is when number 3 didnt work at all. Here is what I tried:

- Taking the modular numpad off and installing it again causes the numpad to spam "3".
    - Using the modular keypad on the opposite side resulted in same error
    - All drivers were up to date and also firmware
    - Pressing any other key resulted in the 3 key stopping it spamming the input on screen
    - The FN key didnt work with the numpad attached, FN worked without the numpad installed
    - Tested this theory by holding H down, letting it spam in notepad and stopping it by pressing G, as I kept the H down I tried to use the FN key which didn't work.
    - This acted like my number 3 numpad issue meaning the numpad was constantly sending a signal for 3

I tried the forums, 1 post about the volume key not working another about 2, 5,8 not working but worked the next day.

I contacted Asus support, they responded very fast suggesting it might be a mechanical issue and to return it to place of purchase.

I returned the keyboard for a replacement, now received a new keyboard which the same exact issue but number 5 on the keypad.

I have tried the keyboard without armory crate, updated armory crate and even used a friends PC which has no gaming software installed and the issue persisted.

I have determined this issue is related to either the keyboard receiving a signal when in full keyboard setup or the numpad sending a bad signal or just that specific switch has been through poor quality control and constantly activating.

Has anyone else come across an issue like this? I really like the Claymore 2 and honestly don't think I can get my hopes up that the 3rd one won't have an issue.

Edit- UK keyboard layout if that makes any difference
    Last edited by Shenbu245; 08-25-2021 at 06:32 PM.

ROG Member Array roberthurley14 PC Specs
    roberthurley14 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
    Processori9-12900K AlderLake
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2C4800C34
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RTX 3090
    MonitorROG PG279Q x2
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Black
    CaseFractal Design Torrent
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 PLATINUM 1200W
    Keyboard ROG CLAYMORE II
    Mouse ROG GLADIUS III
    Headset HD 6XX
    Mouse Pad Gamers Nexus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906
    OS Windows 11 Home 64-bit
    Network RouterASUS AX11000

I have been having issues with mine though in my case it seems the Down Arrow key gets locked intermittently (on mainboard). i.e Ill be on a webpage or game and suddenly it is as if I have the down arrow key pressed hard (like sticky key). In my case the issue stops/corrects after I spam the windows key but always returns randomly. ASUS Support suggested I do a reset by holding the FN and ESC key for 10seconds, though this hasn't had any effect longterm. I am unsure if issue is software/hardware based at this point.

Mine is also UK layout (Bought from OCuK)

New ROGer Array

A not perfect solution

So I have the same problem its is definitely software related in my case the best fix I could find was I disabled the down arrow key in a profile I have set up I don't use the arrow keys so while imperfect its the best I could do!

ROG Junior Member Array Stewen PC Specs
    Stewen PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix Z490-F Gaming
    Processor10700K
    Memory (part number)Predator 32GB 3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix 2060 OC
    Sound CardRealtek Audio 7.1
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG27VQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 Tb
    Storage #22x Samsung 870 Evo 1 Tb
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 360 Argb
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700P
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand RGB 750
    Keyboard Rog Claymore, Rog Strix scope
    Mouse Rog Chakram
    Headset Logitech G633
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK Prism Cloth XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

For me, the letter "i" keeps writing even if I don't even touch it, especially if the numerical part moves. This is scumbag for that much money. I'm waiting for the new firmware patch and I trust in a miracle that it will solve it, because I also suspect a software problem. the problem was slightly improved if I increased the keystroke speed in Windows, i.e. to make it slower, but it did not eliminate it.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
    Processori7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MT/s (KF560C40BBK2-16)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity2
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600 T2
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II/Azoth
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X/Harpe Ace
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL / ROG Scabbard II/Hone Ace
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 2x Swiftech Maelstrom X300 D5 V2
    Accessory #2 2x Hardware Labs SR2 560 MP radiators
    Accessory #3 Lamptron FC-5 V3 fan controller

Hello,

Have you guys tried resetting your ROG Claymore II by pressing and holding the Fn+ESC keys for 15 seconds?