cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A15 fa506qr bios.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
So I fixed the terrible thermal solution in the laptop.
That said, this laptop REALLY NEEDS FAN CONTROL, either in the BIOS or the Armoury.
if you would like the reason why take a look in product feed back to learn of the fixing of the thermals and why this £1500 pound laptop needs you to stop holding it back so much.
I personally would love that, and BIOS that allows the VEGA 8 to use more than 512mb of ram and if the MOBO and VRMs are capable of handling more power, up the 95w limit on the 3070.
Honestly, considering the temps I was getting before fixing the problem I wouldn't have dared asked for more power, but now? 95w is pathetic considering the thermals I currently get while gaming.
For £1500, you need to do better.
2 REPLIES 2

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Ragnaraz690,
Thank you for the feedback.
It will be passed to related department.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello Ragnaraz690,
Thank you for the feedback.
It will be passed to related department.

I honestly hope so.
There are many reviews that this laptop is too hot and underpowered.
It needs a better BIOS and the whole "should have bought a RoG" doesn't sit with me when this costs as much.
I don't care for overclocking it, It needs fan control, proper RAM allocation for the VEGA 8 and a boost to the GPU TDP is the board can handle it.
Speaking of which, can the board handle a GPU boost?

Honestly even if you made this BIOS, assuming it works properly make it optional depending on cooling. For the money I paid for this and the "service" you guys give, this is the least you should do for your customers. Most shops won't even stock this laptop now.