cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant background processing from ASUSFramework

2PG13Clips
Level 7
For the past week I have noticed unusual behavior on my laptop. It is a Zephyrus G14 with the following specs:
Model Number - GA401IV-BRN96

Windows version:

Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 20H2
OS build: 19042.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

BIOS version - GA401V.219

Processor - AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS

Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q Design, AMD Radeon Graphics (chipset is AMD Radeon Vega)
NVIDIA driver version - 3.23.0.74
AMD driver version - 27.20.1020.2002

Storage - Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB (953 GB, 540 GB free)

RAM - Dual-channel DDR4-3200 SDRAM 16 GB clocked at 1600 MHz

Touchpad - ASUS Precision Touchpad
Driver version - 11.0.0.32

When I leave my mouse cursor idle, I'll see it load with the smaller hourglass next to it as shown in these gifs

https://gfycat.com/carefreelegitimategardensnake
https://gfycat.com/accuratepalatableelver

I tried to see if this behavior would happen in Safe Mode but when I left my cursor alone it did not show the hourglass next to it.

When I l restarted the computer to exit Safe Mode and logged in again I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my touchpad drivers. Then I connected a mouse to my computer. Both times I kept seeing that hourglass. Then I returned to Safe Mode again but with the mouse connected. There, the cursor did not have the hourglass popping up from time to time next to it.

Then I restarted again to leave Safe Mode and login to my account. I ran the following commands in PowerShell as an administrator:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /SCANNOW

Windows did find corrupted files and fixed them but this did not fix the cursor issue. Tried scanning for malware with MalwareBytes but it did not return anything.

Finally I got Process Explorer and looked to see if there were any processes behind the scenes that might be causing my issue. After several tries I noticed that AsusFramework would appear repeatedly then close. I'm wondering if this is related to Armoury Crate. This seemed to also happen at the same time with the cursor behavior.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of behavior and if so how did you fix it?
2 REPLIES 2

mirohristov
Level 7
Same thing is happening to me. Killing the process tree from Process Explorer seems to work as a quick fix.
Did you find a better solution?

xeromist
I would make sure you have the latest version of Armoury Crate installed and see whether it has any updates.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…