cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog B550-E with RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 mhz problem

TheBigAndry
Level 7
As the title suggests, I have an Asus B550-E motherboard (bios version 2403) paired with a Ryzen 5 5600x and 3600 mhz Crucial Ballistix ram.

The problem is that I can't get the rams to go at 3600 mhz, but only at 3533 mhz.

I have already tested the individual rams on the individual slots and they work.
The problem arises when I automatically set the maximum frequency (D.O.C.P).
The pc starts up and works quietly, but if once I switch off I unplug the power cable (I realized it when I had to unplug it for cleaning work), I plug it back in and restart the mobo remains fixed on error 22.
I tried the same thing with the base frequencies and it doesn't happen.

What can it be?
16 REPLIES 16

RedSector73
Level 12
What is the model number of the RAM ?

Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4B 3600 MHz

RedSector73
Level 12
QVL seems not to be on, but in saying that can see it working.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory

Also of note is that this used to be Rank 2 kit been changed Rank 1 one without part number change. Do you happen to know what Rank you have ?

Is this how your basically selecting DOCP in the profile

Do you have both EATX connectors (ones above the CPU), top right of moetherboard connected ?

I only have the 8 pin CPU connector connected, I ignored the 4 pin as many say they are only needed if you do OC.

To make them work, I activated the D.O.C.P (by changing all the parameters that derive from it) and then set the frequency closest to 3600 (precisely 3533).

RedSector73
Level 12
Yeah connect it, this is OC and people with memory issues have found this as root cause before you more than once. (no harm in connecting it in any case if your PSU has the connections available)

Select DOCP standard in AI tweaker as shown above. Ram in slots 2 & 4 (A2 & B2) from CPU.

These are the settings I have in the bios..

You say so I'm sure I fix it? I wouldn't want to get stuck on error 22 and do a CMOS.

RedSector73
Level 12
Leave memory freq on Auto.

TheBigAndry wrote:
You say so I'm sure I fix it? I wouldn't want to get stuck on error 22 and do a CMOS.

You get stuck on 22 I'm sure you can fix that. I cant make assertion that it wont happen.

Maybe you have hardware issue, maybe you set it wrong, maybe you asked for help and it's a process to find the problem. Dont need the help why are you here then ?

As already mentioned

"The pc starts up and works quietly if set D.O.C.P, but if once I switch off I unplug the power cable (I realized it when I had to unplug it for cleaning work), I plug it back in and restart the mobo remains fixed on error 22."

The rams as already said at 3533 mh do not give me any problems, but I was curious to know why they did not work at 3600.

But I'll try your solution!

Thanks

[QUOTE=RedSector73;841318

Leave memory freq on Auto.

Yeah connect it, this is OC and people with memory issues have found this as root cause before you more than once. (no harm in connecting it in any case if your PSU has the connections available)

Select DOCP standard in AI tweaker as shown above. Ram in slots 2 & 4 (A2 & B2) from CPU.

Follow RedSector73's advice.

Return all timings to Auto. the DOCP timings are for 3600MHz, while they also may work for 3533MHz in some cases, your pair might not. Enable only DOCP and Auto or Enable ASUS Performance Enhancement if you want, but return Everything else to Auto.

Also, turn off CSM compatibility mode

Reboot into bios once to make sure DOCP automatically set the frequency to 3600.
if not showing 3600 on the right side column, change only memory frequency from auto to DDR3600. save and restart booting back into bios.
this is when AI Tweaker should show the DOCP profile settings, instead of Auto, on timings, memfreq, and a few other things.

if yes, reboot into bios once more and save the profile. now you can start making changes.

My experience is with the same RAM, ryzen 5600X, on a TUF Gaming B550m-plus (wifi) which is similar, but does not have an extra 4 pin CPU power connector. I've had it running at DDR4000MHz fclk@2000 but the timings were too loose to be benificial over advertised DDR3600-cL16 .