Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Moderator Array

Hi zorin1,
    Have you restored bios to all default settings and tried other USB devices and other USB3.0 ports?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi zorin1,
    Have you restored bios to all default settings and tried other USB devices and other USB3.0 ports?
    Thank you.
    I always reset the bios when ever I flash a new bios. The only thing that I set is the memory overclock. I just could not live with the random freezes so I have down graded the bios and have not run into any issue yet.

But I did try a bunch of different USB 3.+ ports on the back of the motherboard as well as the ones on the front of my case. They all seem to crash my machine with the 4021 bios. The fun thing is that I did not see it crash when I was using the USB 2.0 ports. After searching, there seems that AMD has been having issues with the USB 3 with devices timing out. I had this problem with my Ryzen laptop that one of the usb ports would just stop working and I would have to reboot it to get it to work. But the latest bios for that has fixed the issue.

If you have a beta version of a new bios to try, I'm willing to give it a spin. I just can't use the 4021 because it just keeps freezing the system and I don't like that I have to cold boot it. Good luck in figuring out the issue. At least it is not just me that is having the issue.

Zorin

Moderator Array

Hi zorin1,
    If you connect the USB SATA enclosure and didn't do anything, the system would freeze?
    Have you tried other devices such as USB flash drive to connect USB3.0 port and faced the same issue?
    May I double confirm you only enable DOCP in bios?
    May I have the information below?
    - the serial number of your motherboard via PM
    - the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM VGA, PSU and the USB SATA enclosure
    (Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F4-4400C19D-16GTZSW)
    Thank you.

Hi zorin1,
    If you connect the USB SATA enclosure and didn't do anything, the system would freeze?
    Have you tried other devices such as USB flash drive to connect USB3.0 port and faced the same issue?
    May I double confirm you only enable DOCP in bios?
    May I have the information below?
    - the serial number of your motherboard via PM
    - the brand and the model name of your CPU, RAM VGA, PSU and the USB SATA enclosure
    (Please check the specific model name of RAM such as G.SKILL F4-4400C19D-16GTZSW)
    Thank you.
    I sent you a PM.

Moderator Array

Hi zorin1,
    Thank you for your information.
    There are some changes in your bios. I'm not sure does it occur while bios all default on bios 4021
    Could you please restore bios to default settings to see if the system still freeze while you are writing to the USB drive(USB 3.0)?
    Thank you so much.

Hi zorin1,
    Thank you for your information.
    There are some changes in your bios. I'm not sure does it occur while bios all default on bios 4021
    Could you please restore bios to default settings to see if the system still freeze while you are writing to the USB drive(USB 3.0)?
    Thank you so much.
    Do you think a fix will be found for this? It does not seem to be that wide spread.

Zorin

Moderator Array

Hi zorin1,
    Thank you for your testing.
    It seems the issue only occurred on ineo M.2 NGFF USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A Aluminum Retractable (B Key & B+M Key SATA) SSD Enclosure Case for 2280 2260 2242 2230 m2 NGFF SSD Caddy [C2588 NGFF Type A] now.
    Have you tried it with other pc?
    Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5