cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4021 BIOS for Asus ROG Strix X570F

splash90
Level 7
Hello, this evening I installed the new 4021 version for my Asus ROG Strix X570F, but now it appears to be removed from Asus website. Is there any problem with that BIOS? Previously I was using 4010 with no problems at all.

Thanks.
48 REPLIES 48

splash90
Level 7
OK, it is online again and I compared this version and it is exactly the same.

Mihai69
Level 7
II installed this bios and it has serious problems. We enter a game and its PC crashes when it loads something more complex, sometimes suddenly on the desktop. Initially I thought it was from windows 11 but with the old update it has completely recovered. On version 4010 it was ok, I went back to version 4005 because the beta version no longer exists on the site. My pc specs amd 5600x, 32 gb viper steel and 2080 super.

Silent84
Level 9
I got the same mobo, i will test now the new bios, the only one that it was perfect for my 3900x, 3602 bios, the rest i didnt like how my pc run!
Ps: i got freezes so i am back to 3602
GPU: Phantom GS 4080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Asus Strix X670E-F
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30(CMK32GX5M2B6000Z30)
Current resolution: 3440x1440 LG34GP950
Operating system: Windows 11 23H2

Silent84 wrote:
I got the same mobo, i will test now the new bios, the only one that it was perfect for my 3900x, 3602 bios, the rest i didnt like how my pc run!
Ps: i got freezes so i am back to 3602

I've got a similar config (3800X). Last known good BIOS for me was 3604. Since BIOS 4002 (including BIOS 4021), there's a weird issue: it fails to post every time I enable the "firmware TPM" setting. I got the following error message: "The system has POSTed in safe mode. This may be due to the previous POST attempt failing because of system instability."

As long as this issue is not fixed, I won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 (unless I revert to BIOS 3604!). I've contacted Asus Support in this regard, but they are usually amazingly unhelpful. They keep quoting generic troubleshooting steps, and they eventually write: "We are sorry to let you know that your motherboard appears to be defective..."

sbiro wrote:
I've got a similar config (3800X). Last known good BIOS for me was 3604. Since BIOS 4002 (including BIOS 4021), there's a weird issue: it fails to post every time I enable the "firmware TPM" setting. I got the following error message: "The system has POSTed in safe mode. This may be due to the previous POST attempt failing because of system instability."

As long as this issue is not fixed, I won't be able to upgrade to Windows 11 (unless I revert to BIOS 3604!). I've contacted Asus Support in this regard, but they are usually amazingly unhelpful. They keep quoting generic troubleshooting steps, and they eventually write: "We are sorry to let you know that your motherboard appears to be defective..."

No worries, Asus never had support, big company's 90% of them they don't give a f, about you and me, and i am sure they realese this bios, for as to test it, this is the worst bios that i ever test in 17 years, when i change my cpu mby, i will change again the bios, my machine works perfect now.
Asus Strix X670E-F

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Silent84,

I'm sorry I know you have downgrade bios version, but there is some information we need to collect.
Have you restored bios to all default settings on bios 4021 but you still got freezes in desktop?
How often did it occur?
Did you use win10 or win11 on bios 4021?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Silent84,

I'm sorry I know you have downgrade bios version, but there is some information we need to collect.
Have you restored bios to all default settings on bios 4021 but you still got freezes in desktop?
How often did it occur?
Did you use win10 or win11 on bios 4021?
Thank you.

The bios update restored my settings, i got stock settings in bios, i never change something, only my ram profile to set it to 3200 Mhz, i just got the freezes after 3 mins on desktop, i need to restart the pc so i can use the pc again, after 3-5 mins he freezes again, then i said, ok back to 3602 bios, i use windows 10( he has 8 days from installation, so is fresh) , everything is up to date, chipset, windows etc.
Asus Strix X670E-F

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Mihai69,

Did it shows any error message after crashed? and only occurred while running specific games or software?
Have you restored bios to all default settings but the issues still occurred on bios 4021?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Mihai69,

Did it shows any error message after crashed? and only occurred while running specific games or software?
Have you restored bios to all default settings but the issues still occurred on bios 4021?
Thank you.

The error was displayed for 10 seconds in the form of qr code but I could not decipher it and I do not know if the error was correct, I can say for sure that it was from the bios, it generally crashes when entering games and sometimes when I started playing them but even in light applications like gx opera. I thought that the 4005 version is stable but it is not, it still has serious problems, now I have the 4002 version and everything is ok. I entered all the games and it goes ok. I reset the bios and I only used docp for rams, and I use win 11, the ones from asus said to wait until it is officially launched to receive a chipset. Win 11 has made major updates so far and obviously the kernel change can cause problems for any bios.