Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi splash90,

Was your first time to connect the external HDD (USB 3.0) into a frontal connector after update to bios 4021?
    Is it working fine with other USB port?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Silent84,

I'm sorry I know you have downgrade bios version, but there is some information we need to collect.
    Have you restored bios to all default settings on bios 4021 but you still got freezes in desktop?
    How often did it occur?
    Did you use win10 or win11 on bios 4021?
    Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array Silent84 PC Specs
    Silent84 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X570-F
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Pro 16GB 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #12080TI
    Monitor2xDell S2721HGF
    Storage #12xIntel 660p 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 1TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer II 360
    CasePHANTEKS ECLIPSE P600S Black
    Power SupplySeasonic PX 750 Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon Tactile
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset ASUS ROG Strix GO 2.4
    Mouse Pad HyperX Fury S Pro Speed Edition XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Silent84,

I'm sorry I know you have downgrade bios version, but there is some information we need to collect.
    Have you restored bios to all default settings on bios 4021 but you still got freezes in desktop?
    How often did it occur?
    Did you use win10 or win11 on bios 4021?
    Thank you.
    The bios update restored my settings, i got stock settings in bios, i never change something, only my ram profile to set it to 3200 Mhz, i just got the freezes after 3 mins on desktop, i need to restart the pc so i can use the pc again, after 3-5 mins he freezes again, then i said, ok back to 3602 bios, i use windows 10( he has 8 days from installation, so is fresh) , everything is up to date, chipset, windows etc.

ROG Member Array

Hi splash90,

Was your first time to connect the external HDD (USB 3.0) into a frontal connector after update to bios 4021?
    Is it working fine with other USB port?
    Thank you.
    I was using this frontal connector (my case is a Corsair 500R) in my old motherboard (Asus P6T Deluxe V2) and I have used it several times with old BIOS versions in X570-F. This was the first time with 4021 BIOS.

Today I checked with a one of the rear ports by copying several 10 Gb files with no problems at all, but it happened again with one of the frontal USB ports, using the same external HDD (copying a 12 Gb file).

I don't have any other problem with this motherboard and BIOS. No lock ups at all.

Moderator Array

Hi Mihai69,

Our team have tested the same ram as you on ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING.
    Although they faced bsod few times on bios 4005 at first, after updated to bios 4021, and enabled DOCP, they didn't encounter any bsod or crashes.
    If you can give bios 4021 one more chance, please refer to the following link to clear cmos and then enable DOCP in bios utility again.
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040820/
    If you still encounter bsod, could you please run MEMTEST and check if there is any error?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi Silent84,

Have you cleared cmos and keep bios all default settings on bios 4021, but still got the freezes?
    If you can give bios 4021 one more chance, please refer to the following link to clear cmos and then enable DOCP in bios utility again.
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040820/
    If you still got the freezes on desktop, could you please run MEMTEST and check if there is any error?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi splash90,

Did it occur under bios all default settings?
    The pendrives you mentioned earlier, have you also copied a 12 Gb file on it but it is working fine?
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

Hi splash90,

Did it occur under bios all default settings?
    The pendrives you mentioned earlier, have you also copied a 12 Gb file on it but it is working fine?
    Thank you.
    Yes, all in default settings in BIOS except for DOCP -> 3200 DDR4. Pendrives work fine.

Moderator Array

Hi splash90,
    Could you please restore bios to all default settings(DOCP disabled) and copy a 12 Gb file to the external HDD with frontal connector again?
    Thank you.

ROG Member Array

Hi splash90,
    Could you please restore bios to all default settings(DOCP disabled) and copy a 12 Gb file to the external HDD with frontal connector again?
    Thank you.
    Hi, I did what you suggested, "load optimized defaults" in BIOS, saved and rebooted. I tried a copy by using one of the frontal USB 3.0 ports: lock at the very beginning of the copy (external hard disk led is flashing all the time but copy is not progressing).

I tried with the other frontal USB port (both of them are connected to the same motherboard internal connector) and copy progressed until 78% of 12 Gb file but not finished. Hard disk led was flashing all the time, I waited for 10 minutes and that hard disk was completely locked.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast