cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XG43UQ issues

Jeweettoch13
Level 7
I love 43 inch monitors. For this reason I initially purchased a PG43UQ monitor. Returned to the manufacturer due to a suspected defect, but unfortunately returned from the repairer heavily damaged. After a lot of haggling of about 8 months I finally got my money back. Then again wanted the same but out of stock everywhere. So the waiting begins.

Fast forward to last month. The XG43UQ finally came on the menu, nice monitor with HDMI 2.1 (which is not used anyway) because with DP and my Inno3D 3090 Frostbite (which will be discussed later) DSC at 144hz and chroma 4:4:4 and 10 bit color depth is no issue.

Out of the box already haggled. This in the sense that the monitor more or less turns itself on when it is turned off. He also this in standby mode.

I wasn't into this after those other 8 months, so I immediately sent it back to the selling party and got my money back.

I've read here and there on forums that it could possibly be a faulty adapter that caused a voltage drop at low load and so the monitor turned on by itself. Asus stated that the entire monitor must be sent in for repair, but given the previous incident, I was not in the mood for this.

I wanted to put it to the test and ordered a second XG43UQ again this week. Again the same issues as the previous ones. After an hour or two, the monitor suddenly turns on.

Incidentally, he also sometimes responds to the TV remote, but that is perhaps because it concerns the Xbox edition?

To isolate the problem, I disconnected all display cables from the monitor and it turns out that it's just fine.

I thought it might be the Inno3D 3090 Frostbite but with a laptop connected to the monitor it's the same problem.

an LG 32GK650F or an Iiyama B2888UHSU which I still have don't have this problem on that GPU so the 3090 isn't the culprit.

DP cables are without the pin-20 connection what could be another possible error.

I dont know what to do next. What are your thoughts?
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Does it wake when the xbox is disconnected? The Xbox doesn't normally shutdown fully and stays in a low power state. It could definitely cause attached devices to wake periodically.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Does it wake when the xbox is disconnected? The Xbox doesn't normally shutdown fully and stays in a low power state. It could definitely cause attached devices to wake periodically.

Don't have an Xbox, i use a desktop for that 🙂

Jeweettoch13 wrote:
Don't have an Xbox, i use a desktop for that 🙂

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood when you mentioned the TV remote and xbox edition.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Jeweettoch13,

Do you mean have turned off the monitor, but the power indicator turned on itself after 1-2 hrs?
Did you use the power cord, the adapter and the DP cable attached with XG43UQ?
Have you tried another DP cables but it still occurred?
Have you adjusted any setting in OSD menu?
May I have the information below?
1. the brand and model name of your laptop
2. the graphics driver versions and OS version(OS build) of your laptop and pc
3. the photo of OSD menu settings(in the upper right corner)
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Jeweettoch13,

Do you mean have turned off the monitor, but the power indicator turned on itself after 1-2 hrs? Yes about after 45 mins it's turning on by itself but only when desktop or laptop is on (double checked if it wasn't the desktop since the laptop has the same behaviour on the monitor
Did you use the power cord, the adapter and the DP cable attached with XG43UQ? Yes i did.
Have you tried another DP cables but it still occurred? Yes, i tried, same result.
Have you adjusted any setting in OSD menu? Not that i'm aware of. regardless of factory settings, issue persists.
May I have the information below?
1. the brand and model name of your laptop : HP Probook 6560B or desktop with Inno3D 3090 Frostbite.
2. the graphics driver versions and OS version(OS build) of your laptop and pc: Latest AMD or Intel available graphics drivers and latest win10 X64 build.
3. the photo of OSD menu settings(in the upper right corner)
Thank you. You're welcome.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Jeweettoch13,
Do you mean the latest AMD or "Nvidia 3090" available graphics drivers?
I'll consult our technical team about this case.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi Jeweettoch13,
Do you mean the latest AMD or "Nvidia 3090" available graphics drivers?
I'll consult our technical team about this case.
Thank you.

The issue is already known at the department. Asus Holland says its due to the computer and not the monitor. Can you believe it?

Jeweettoch13 wrote:
The issue is already known at the department. Asus Holland says its due to the computer and not the monitor. Can you believe it?

I was looking for a 4K monitor yesterday and saw this one. It currently shows as not available.

Maybe out of stock or being held up due to problems.. I will check the monitors forum for any info..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Jeweettoch13,

After consulted our technical team, we have checked the XG43UQ, the pc and notebook on hand, but our XG43UQ monitor didn't turn on itself.
However, there are some similar discussions on other forums and not only occurs on ASUS monitors.
It might occur because there is output from the pc or notebook and then the monitor detect the signal and turn on itself.
Please try other pc or notebooks or remove the DP/HDMI cable after used.
On the other hand, did you consult our support via call or email? May I have the call case number and serial number via private message?
Thank you.