cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gt-ax11000 wired speed lower than wifi speed [fixed]

thejebronie
Level 7
hi everyone , i am wondering if someone would have a explanation for me my internet speed is 940 mbs with telus fiber , the speed test insite the router have the right reading download and upload 700 down and 800 up witch i am fine with that , all my device with wifi get 500 down and 600 up witch is good , but all my device that are connected via ethernet cable get arround 400 down and 850 up so i am wondering what cause the down speed to be so low .
i do have the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44266-g7f6b0df
qos is desable
ipv6 desable

if i connect with my old t3200m router supply by telus i get 800 down and 800 up aproxi. via ethernet cable
5 REPLIES 5

RedSector73
Level 12
(1) What is Ethernet cable ?
(2) How long is the run ?

I'd also make sure it is not a crossover cable / patch cable.

You might find this link helpful for what is the Ethernet cable your using and should you be using something else.
http://www.cablek.com/technical-reference/cat-5---5e--6--6a---7--8-standards

thejebronie
Level 7
ill my cable are cat6 and 1meter long
should i try the merlin firmware

RedSector73
Level 12
Yeah, I would at least give it a try, start from start with it and just remember is does policy based routing which is little different to the Asus firmware.

Save your config current firmware, in case you decide to fall back to Asus firmware, just dont use that config with Merlin.

Let us know how it goes, I would be most interested.

thejebronie
Level 7
When I purchase the gt-ax11000 it was on the 384 firmware version and when I try the firmware automatic button it wouldn't work so I manually download the latest firmware and install it, so I decide to roll back to the 384 version and than I was able to use the automatic update button the router brought the firmware version back to the latest and that seem to have fix my problem , now I get proper wire speed thank for the help

RedSector73
Level 12
Glad you got it sorted. 😉