Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Updated:
    Please note that Armoury Crate V4.2.12.0 has been released. After a discussion, it will not be considered a significant update. Therefore this thread
    will continue until the next major release, so no new thread will be created.

Key changes and fixes concern mainly AniMe Matrix and GUI updates.
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 10-19-2021 at 03:22 AM.

New ROGer Array

"Number of addressable LEDs" Option Is Gone

There used to be an option in Device>Motherboard which allowed user to change the number of addressable strip LEDs.
    The default setting is 120 and I want to set it to 16; however, I can't find the option anymore after updating Armoury Crate to the leatest version (as shown below).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-19 202838.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	90292
    I have tried to edit the value directly in the LastProfile.xml but it didn't work. it's because Armoury Crate will overwrite everything I changed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-19 203359.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	90293
    Is this a bug or the feature got removed? Please let me know, thanks.

BIOS: 4201

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just did a fresh install to windows 11 this weekend and updated all of my software. My Ryujin and Livedash used to have the option to display stuff about my GPU, but now the only options are for CPU. Was this a change in software, perhaps a bug or is something wrong?

Maximus X Formula
    i9-9900k
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3

I know I don't have an Asus card, but it worked before without issue and all of my other monitoring software picks up the GPU sensors without issue.
    Currently Piecing Together New Build
    CPU: Intel i5 4760K
    GPU: 2x GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GTX 760 4GB
    RAM: G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 19200MHz
    Motherboard: waiting for Newegg to restock the Maximus VI Formula!
    Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra
    PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M2 RS720
    SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB
    HDD: Undecided
    Cooling Solution: Corsair H110

New ROGer Array

Corsair has been blaming ASUS for an update that broke the DRAM lighting control of their ram via the armory crate plugin for the last month or two.

They have stated this is an ASUS problem that is known multiple times in their user forum. Has this issue been addressed yet?

This notification should only pop up once after the driver is installed. You would have to uninstall your device drivers repeatedly to be seeing them on a regular basis. Is this not the case with you? When do you usually see the notification?

Quote Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
    With all due respect, I don't want this popping up on my screen. I sit down at my computer today and this is on my desktop. I tried Armoury Crate when it first came out and it wrecked my system. I spent a long time clearing it from every nook and cranny. It sounds like at this stage, it can still cause issues and I don't want to go through that again. Asus needs to stop pushing their software so aggressively.

Attachment 90184
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 10-20-2021 at 01:34 AM.

The ROG team has fine-tuned Turbo Mode to push the performance of your laptop to the limit safely, with the available processor plus graphics power and thermal solution taken into account. Max performance was made easy (Turbo Mode), if the performance isn't consistent, test to see if it is your ambient temp. by cranking up the aircon or blowing a fan onto it. If the performance is consistent under such conditions then the root cause is clear. Note that with each driver update the performance will also be affected.

Manual mode is intended for users who wish to customize the performance to find the right balance between gaming performance, battery life, and silent operation. Turbo mode already provides max performance while minimizing throttling.

Quote Originally Posted by just20sent View Post
    Hey Master, thanks for taking the time.
    After uninstall and reinstall i got 11k and as you said, performance wasn't affected.
    However, watch me come back to you when an update of armoury crate will be pushed and i'll get a score in the 9k again.
    It's been like this since i got the laptop, it's a gamble depending on armoury crate updates to have full CPU perf or not. There is something wrong (software side) with Dynamic boost that throttles power to the laptop CPU as soon as the GPU+CPU are loaded. Depending of armoury crates updates you either get 9k or 11k =D

I'm sorry for all this back and forth, i love this machine (beside low CPU perf) and it's been one of the best laptop i had in years. I appreciate your help.

Vince,

PS: My unit is in RMA, i should get it back next week for further test. Ty

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array JimmyH PC Specs
    JimmyH PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X570-E
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX GTX 3080
    MonitorROG Strix X32GVQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseLian Li PC011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard TUF Gaming
    Mouse ROG Pugio II
    Headset Fusion
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dottat View Post
    Corsair has been blaming ASUS for an update that broke the DRAM lighting control of their ram via the armory crate plugin for the last month or two.

They have stated this is an ASUS problem that is known multiple times in their user forum. Has this issue been addressed yet?

I could not get mine to synch either, so I disabled the auto load of armoury in my BIOS, then I fresh installed Windows, updated, then installed iCue version 3 and the plugin, I then ran iCue went to settings 'Enabled full software control'. Then I installed Armoury and everything is there, full control.

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ROG Strix X570-E, 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz, ROG Ryujin 360, ROG Thor 850w, ROG Strix RTX3080, 2 x M2 Samsung SSD.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array JimmyH PC Specs
    JimmyH PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X570-E
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX GTX 3080
    MonitorROG Strix X32GVQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseLian Li PC011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard TUF Gaming
    Mouse ROG Pugio II
    Headset Fusion
    OS Windows 11 Pro

So after additional testing, what happens is all colours change during screen saver. When I wake the machine up, all colours revert back to the original assigned colour then, the motherboard and graphics card drop.

When I go into Armoury Crate everything is selected, I just have to re-assign the effect, I am currently a boring person and have a single static colour. Once the program is sorted and can stick to a colour I might start playing.

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ROG Strix X570-E, 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz, ROG Ryujin 360, ROG Thor 850w, ROG Strix RTX3080, 2 x M2 Samsung SSD.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Manual mode is intended for users who wish to customize the performance to find the right balance between gaming performance, battery life, and silent operation. Turbo mode already provides max performance while minimizing throttling.
    MasterC, it has been almost 2 weeks since I had reported the issue of the Zephyrus S17 power throttling at just 55 degrees on the CPU in manual mode due to the absurdly low PL1 at 65W, and I'm still awaiting a resolution from your side. It is strange to see how turbo mode allows free control of power limits over XTU, but manual mode just hard locks the power limit to 65W, and overrides any attempts to break free via XTU/Throttlestop. Youtuber GizmoSlipTech highlighted the same problem in his Zephyrus M16 video as well, and was really disappointed due to the inability to modify power limits through XTU in manual mode.

Kindly intimate on the course of action, as competing laptops from other brands at this price point offer limitless control through XTU/Throttlestop, and Zephyrus S17 shouldn't be an exception. Either don't have those power sliders for Intel laptops in manual mode, or don't 'hard lock' the power limit to 65W, that we just can't get over it. The purpose of manual mode is to give the user more granular control, and not limit the user in any way.

New ROGer Array

Using latest armory crate (fresh install) and latest icue 4.x (fresh install) I am seeing lighting service failed and in a stopped mode. Starting it only leads to it failing again within seconds. I thought crashing aura service was fixed?

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast