Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lakshay2020 View Post
    MasterC, it has been almost 2 weeks since I had reported the issue of the Zephyrus S17 power throttling at just 55 degrees on the CPU in manual mode due to the absurdly low PL1 at 65W, and I'm still awaiting a resolution from your side. It is strange to see how turbo mode allows free control of power limits over XTU, but manual mode just hard locks the power limit to 65W, and overrides any attempts to break free via XTU/Throttlestop. Youtuber GizmoSlipTech highlighted the same problem in his Zephyrus M16 video as well, and was really disappointed due to the inability to modify power limits through XTU in manual mode.

Kindly intimate on the course of action, as competing laptops from other brands at this price point offer limitless control through XTU/Throttlestop, and Zephyrus S17 shouldn't be an exception. Either don't have those power sliders for Intel laptops in manual mode, or don't 'hard lock' the power limit to 65W, that we just can't get over it. The purpose of manual mode is to give the user more granular control, and not limit the user in any way.
    I have the same laptop, GX703 and experiencing the same issue you mentioned.

Asus please fix this and remove the hard lock.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Guys, the explanation of Turbo and Manual modes has been provided - it is not an issue requiring a fix. The modes were defined this way. I have notified appropriate stakeholders to review the decision, but at this point in time - Turbo for max performance, Manual for customizing the balance between performance, battery life, and silent operation.

Quote Originally Posted by SulimanAF View Post
    I have the same laptop, GX703 and experiencing the same issue you mentioned.

Asus please fix this and remove the hard lock.

To be clear, this is an "issue reporting" thread. I fully understand the perspective from these 3 people, but the software was written this way. If you have an opinion about it then by all means provide feedback, after all, this is a "discussion forum". Create a thread about it in the notebook section and see if it gains traction. However, if anyone decides to make this a complaint forum, make threats, or refuse to post in appropriate sections, make no mistake - they will be removed. We welcome your feedback, but please be constructive and watch your tone.

Quote Originally Posted by godtube19 View Post
    May I know why my post was deleted? You first claimed a theory that Manual mode balances between performance and silent mode - I showed that the claim is not true, as even performance mode can pull way more wattage.

Is this the kind of service Asus delivers to flagship level customers? I spent a fortune on this, and when customers post their issues, they are deleted. I have provided all the necessary context which proves that Manual mode is broken on the Zephyrus S17. Is expecting a resolution from Asus wrong?
    Even performance mode is performing way better than Manual mode. And deletion of posts just indicates the unwillingness to fix it. I have seen smallest of issues fixed here like Anime Matrix etc, but bigger issues which impact the performance of a machine are just not getting the attention they deserve. Provide a justification as to why this broken Manual mode is acting weird this way, and whether or not Asus values their flagship customers. Don't forget, you all represent ROG brand, and the S17 represents the most expensive device from ROG, and it should be given the most preference when it comes to issues, and customers certainly deserve better treatment than what is being rendered here.
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 10-22-2021 at 03:06 AM.

I'm afraid we're not aware of this issue and you'll need to be clear about what it is. DRAM detected and lighting works - just unable to Aura Sync?
    We are aware that Corsair had an issue where devices fell out of sync but they resolved it in iCue - Enable Software Integrations (in iCue)
    Please make sure read the OP and provide all the info requested including the log. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dottat View Post
    Corsair has been blaming ASUS for an update that broke the DRAM lighting control of their ram via the armory crate plugin for the last month or two.

They have stated this is an ASUS problem that is known multiple times in their user forum. Has this issue been addressed yet?

Guys, I just explained multiple times on the same page regarding Turbo and Manual modes. Please create a new thread under the notebook section to provide feedback - this is an issue-reporting thread, it is not a software error. Any further posts will be deleted.
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 10-22-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Guys, I just explained multiple times on the same page regarding Turbo and Manual modes. Please create a new thread under the notebook section to provide feedback - this is an issue-reporting thread, it is not a software error. Any further posts will be deleted.
    I respect your decision to remove my feedback.
    Anyways, there is another issue I found out in Armoury profiles regarding Nvidia's Dynamic Boost, it seems like Armoury Service or configs for GPU TDPs stops Dynamic Boost from functioning correctly at some random point. Sometimes it works when it is on Turbo or Manual but randomly stops and caps the GPU TDP at whatever Armoury is set to report only and will not boost higher.

Upon searching for similar issue online, I found out many people reported the same thing happening on other Rog Laptops, Including the G15 and the M16.
    Would you kindly check on this, perhaps the configs or services conflict with NVIDIA's Platform Controllers and Framework?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cekeu PC Specs
    cekeu PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10920X
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ
    Power SupplySEASONIC PRIME 1300 W PLATINUM
    Keyboard ROG Falchion
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core

Armoury Crate read error in Windows 11

Go to post #189 for solution

Hello, Since I updated to Windows 11 it has this problem reading CPU and Memory frequencies. It is not a hardware problem because the Oled screen reads correctly the frequencies of the CPU and the bios of the MB reads correctly the frequencies CPU and DDR4. my CPU with ai-overclocking is at 4500 and my RAM is in XMP at 3200 mhz
    Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.12.0
    ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
    Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.12
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.36
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.3.1
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.16
    AacVGA 0.0.4.6
    KingstonDram 1.1.8
    AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
    PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
    Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
    WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos AC erreur de lecture 2021-10-24 132325 (1).jpg  

AC erreur de lecture 2021-10-24 132428 (1).jpg  

Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 10-26-2021 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks for cooperating. Can I ask how you have determined that it's not working correctly? Based on the fact that it doesn't boost higher after dropping? Could this be due to the increase in system temp over time? Have you tried testing to see if extra (external) cooling makes a difference? Or does the function change states (from on to off) unexpectedly in NVIDIA Control Panel?

Quote Originally Posted by SulimanAF View Post
    I respect your decision to remove my feedback.
    Anyways, there is another issue I found out in Armoury profiles regarding Nvidia's Dynamic Boost, it seems like Armoury Service or configs for GPU TDPs stops Dynamic Boost from functioning correctly at some random point. Sometimes it works when it is on Turbo or Manual but randomly stops and caps the GPU TDP at whatever Armoury is set to report only and will not boost higher.

Upon searching for similar issue online, I found out many people reported the same thing happening on other Rog Laptops, Including the G15 and the M16.
    Would you kindly check on this, perhaps the configs or services conflict with NVIDIA's Platform Controllers and Framework?

In Windows, search for Core Isolation, then disable Memory Integrity. This should fix it. Armoury Crate will have an update to address this issue later on.

Quote Originally Posted by cekeu View Post
    Hello, Since I updated to Windows 11 it has this problem reading CPU and Memory frequencies. It is not a hardware problem because the Oled screen reads correctly the frequencies of the CPU and the bios of the MB reads correctly the frequencies CPU and DDR4. my CPU with ai-overclocking is at 4500 and my RAM is in XMP at 3200 mhz
    Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.12
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.36
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.3.1
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.16
    AacVGA 0.0.4.6
    KingstonDram 1.1.8
    AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
    PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
    Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
    WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 10-26-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Thanks for cooperating. Can I ask how you have determined that it's not working correctly? Based on the fact that it doesn't boost higher after dropping? Could this be due to the increase in system temp over time? Have you tried testing to see if extra (external) cooling makes a difference? Or does the function change states (from on to off) unexpectedly in NVIDIA Control Panel?
    Greetings,
    Correct after dropping it does not boost higher anymore, it might be some sort of some service that interrupts the functionality of the feature? Just like Nvidia's Whisper Mode does not activate unless I set the profile on Silent in the Armoury Crate.
    The feature is enabled by default and cannot be controlled or turned off thru the Nvidia Control Panel (unlike Dynamic Boost 1.0), but it does show that it is always enabled in the (System Information).

please find the information below:

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate service 4.2.10
    ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.0.0
    ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.3.0
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.44
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.34
    AacAudioHal 1.3.22.0
    AacDispaly 1.1.29

I have the GX703 Rog Zephyrus S17 with the RTX 3080 Model and G-SYNC laptop. The GPU and CPU are both below 78c, so cooling is not the reason as it is not throttling, it's only capped to what the Crate is reporting.
    I'm using RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server to monitor all the above including the power draw.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you
    Last edited by SulimanAF; 10-25-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast