Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Rog Maximus XII Formula

Rog Maximus XII Formula

Ok this morning after the update you can call up the mainboard page.
    Pc off ^^ after a few hours
    Pc on now comes the charging ring of the dead again

Log file
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1psW...ew?usp=sharing

Attachment 90072

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
    ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
    Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.10
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.36
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.3.1
    AacVGA 0.0.4.3
    KingstonDram 1.0.28
    AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
    PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
    Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
    WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by u9520107 View Post
    Same here. It ate 17Gb last night when I left the system on overnight to download some large files.
    To rog, I have seen this before in one of our electron based app, the app will start to consume more and more memory when the screen is off but the computer has not gone to sleep. Seeing that my event viewer is seeing a lot of ArmourWebBrowserEdge.exe over last night, perhaps it's the chromium core that is causing the issue?
    Part of the problem is with connected standby and the way your external monitor treats it. Although the core issue is likely within Crate itself, you can fix monitor standby memory leak.

I have the G27Q monitor which is hooked via USB-C to Displayport Cable. When your monitor goes into standby, connected standby takes over. This is true for both sleep and basic monitor standby.

The problem & Fix:

My monitor wasn't keeping a connection, it was fully disconnecting or cycling inputs. In my case, I had to disable two options within the monitor's settings.

Input Auto Switch = OFF
    Resolution Notice = OFF

Resolution Notice: When this function is enabled, the recommended resolution message
    will appear on the screen when the monitor
    switches to another input source.

Input Auto Switch: When this function is enabled, it automatically switches to an available
    input source.

SO I'm going to assume you also use an external monitor and quite possibly over USB-C/DP . If you do, check your monitor settings to see if you can find something similar.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Until Windows 11 is formally released, we will not be troubleshooting issues for the beta OS. Removing USB flashdrives appears to be fine from my end, further tests will need to be done to replicate. What external storage drive are you referring to? ROG Strix Arion?
    Attachment 90073
    I am using a Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD.
    I can wait. Win 11 will be official pretty soon.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Until Windows 11 is formally released, we will not be troubleshooting issues for the beta OS. Removing USB flashdrives appears to be fine from my end, further tests will need to be done to replicate. What external storage drive are you referring to? ROG Strix Arion?
    Attachment 90073
    Armoury RGB light band can be recognized
    Aura creator The RGB light band cannot be recognized
    Z390-F:
    Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.10
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.36
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.3.1
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.11
    AacAudioHal 1.3.31.0
    AacVGA 0.0.4.3
    KingstonDram 1.1.8
    AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
    PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
    Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
    WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Psyched View Post
    Part of the problem is with connected standby and the way your external monitor treats it. Although the core issue is likely within Crate itself, you can fix monitor standby memory leak.

I have the G27Q monitor which is hooked via USB-C to Displayport Cable. When your monitor goes into standby, connected standby takes over. This is true for both sleep and basic monitor standby.

The problem & Fix:

My monitor wasn't keeping a connection, it was fully disconnecting or cycling inputs. In my case, I had to disable two options within the monitor's settings.

Input Auto Switch = OFF
    Resolution Notice = OFF

Resolution Notice: When this function is enabled, the recommended resolution message
    will appear on the screen when the monitor
    switches to another input source.

Input Auto Switch: When this function is enabled, it automatically switches to an available
    input source.

SO I'm going to assume you also use an external monitor and quite possibly over USB-C/DP . If you do, check your monitor settings to see if you can find something similar.
    Does that mean with HDMI it's less likely to happen? The other electron app would eat memory regardless of using HDMI though.
    And with HDMI I don't seem to be able to use the full refresh rate.

Btw... what'd happen if I kill the session helper process when it is consuming too much memory. It does seem to just restart itself...
    What if I write a script and periodically check the memory usage of the process, and basically kill the process if it hogs over say.. 300Mb?

New ROGer Array

missing panel energy saver button ... zeph duo 300hz

MISSING AUTO HZ BUTTON IN THE ARMOURY CRATE

ZEPH DUO GX550 LWS

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate service 4.2.10
    ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.3.0
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.33
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.11
    AacAudioHal 1.3.7.0
    AacDispaly 1.1.26

ROG CHAKRAM CORE
    ROG STRIX SCOPE TKL

WINDOWS 10
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎26/‎12/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1237
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I HAVE RE INSTALLED THE REFRESHRATE SERVICE TO GET MY OVERDRIVE BUTTON BACK YESTERDAY BUT THIS AUTO HZ BUTTON HAS BEEN MISSING FOR QUITE SOME TIME CANT REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS LAST ON BUT IVE ONLY HAD LAPTOP 10 MONTHS AND I KNOW IT WAS ON THERE FOR THE FIRST FEW MONTHS DEFINETLY.

IS THERE ANY WAY OF GETTING THIS BUTTON BACK IN MY ARMOURY CRATE ? ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED
    Last edited by MdotAdotN; 09-28-2021 at 07:29 PM.

New ROGer Array

After today's update, Armoury Crate is FINALLY recognizing my ROG Z-490-E Gaming mobo and ARGB, once again.

It took a few months and a number updates that didn't work BUT:

Thank You for finally solving the problem!

New ROGer Array

One more issue I found:

I am using XG Mobile with Flow X13. In Armoury Crate I have XG Mobie LED disabled.
    However, every time the system wakes from sleep, the device will turn on the LED. I have to open the Armoury Crate App every time and then the LED will turn off by itself.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Hello to new members, welcome. To respect those who have posted before you, do not spam the thread until you get a response. There is a queue, and so you may need to wait (unless only a quick response is required). This is a discussion forum, not an instant helpline (contact ASUS Customer Support in your region). And this thread is dedicated to issues specific to Armoury Crate, if anyone has suggestions - please find related threads or start a new one. I'm here to help so stay positive, If anyone persists to make this a complaint thread - he/she will be removed from the forum permanently. Dealing with such posts will result in less people being helped.

* Remember to provide sufficient info - read the first posts of this thread, there are examples.
    * Avoid posting and reposting while you troubleshoot, this results in multiple posts and I may not be clear which ones are still relevant. You can update previous posts to consolidate, delete if necessary so we're not trying to replicate an issue when you have already resolved it.
    * Please indicate if you know how to fix an issue or we have resolved it, some of you have done that to help others - much appreciated!

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by u9520107 View Post
    Does that mean with HDMI it's less likely to happen? The other electron app would eat memory regardless of using HDMI though.
    And with HDMI I don't seem to be able to use the full refresh rate.

Btw... what'd happen if I kill the session helper process when it is consuming too much memory. It does seem to just restart itself...
    What if I write a script and periodically check the memory usage of the process, and basically kill the process if it hogs over say.. 300Mb?
    Check your monitor settings.
    What is the monitor you use? And yes HDMI will likely not be an issue but as mentioned, you have limitations with HDMI which is also the reason I do not use HDMI.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast