cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ArmourySWAgent.exe" Window Running In the Background

JonTeoh
Level 7
Hi, I am currently using a ROG Laptop G531GW. My current Armoury Crate Version is 4.2.5.0

Just recently, Armoury Crate pushed out an update of "ASUS Framework Services - Version: 2.1.1.3".

After updating, a "ArmourySWAgent (32bit).exe" window is running in the background after boot up and does not go away. It can be seen when using Alt-Tab, and can also be seen running in task manager.

This is really annoying to see this in the background. I am getting frustrated as your updates keep solving one issue but in turn creates another. ASUS, can you please fix this?
11 REPLIES 11

Valour59
Level 7
Not only upon startup, but every time you open the Armoury Crate as well.

Very very annoying!

On top of that, the "Device" tab in Armoury now appears A LOT slower than before the update. I only have one device, ROG Strix Go 2.4 Wireless Headset.

Yes, same happen in G533.

KITT_2013
Level 10
Same for me, G732LW

rexbinary
Level 8
Same for me on my Crosshair VIII Dark Hero.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

Da-BOSS
Level 10
JonTeoh wrote:
Hi, I am currently using a ROG Laptop G531GW. My current Armoury Crate Version is 4.2.5.0

Just recently, Armoury Crate pushed out an update of "ASUS Framework Services - Version: 2.1.1.3".

After updating, a "ArmourySWAgent (32bit).exe" window is running in the background after boot up and does not go away. It can be seen when using Alt-Tab, and can also be seen running in task manager.

This is really annoying to see this in the background. I am getting frustrated as your updates keep solving one issue but in turn creates another. ASUS, can you please fix this?

A workaround is to simply press "Win key" + "Tab" and click on "New Desktop" and then drag this ArmourySwAgent windows to the new desktop that you have just created it.

This is temporarily solution until ASUS fixes it.

Same issue here on a B550-F after installing the new update. RGB lighting is also now not loading the profile/proper LED color upon reboot.

same

Da-BOSS wrote:
A workaround is to simply press "Win key" + "Tab" and click on "New Desktop" and then drag this ArmourySwAgent windows to the new desktop that you have just created it.

This is temporarily solution until ASUS fixes it.

Sadly that doesn't work for me because the window doesn't even show up when Alt-Tab-ing. It is only on the desktop. I can maximize, minimize or close it but I cannot drag it to a second desktop. There is also no icon in the left upper corner for me as is in all the pictures I have seen of it so far.

BizSAR
Level 9
Same here. Everything seems to function ok, except for the minimized window/process hanging around.
BizSAR