cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD fTPM switch doesn't stay disabled

Geremia19
Level 8
When I set AMD fTPM switch to "Disabled"

reboot, and check the TPM status, it always says enabled.
I also have Trusted Computing disabled.

Why can't the AMD fTPM switch stay disabled?
24 REPLIES 24

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Geremia19,

Do you mean have set AMD fTPM and Trusted Computing disabled in bios utility, but it showed TPM enabled in Windows TPM management tool?
May I have the model name of your motherboard and the bios version?
Except AMD fTPM and Trusted Computing option, are other bios settings all default settings?
May I have the screenshots of Trusted Computing and Windows TPM management tool?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Do you mean have set AMD fTPM and Trusted Computing disabled in bios utility, but it showed TPM enabled in Windows TPM management tool?
I'm using Linux, with no TPM kernel modules loaded.
STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
May I have the model name of your motherboard and the bios version?
Asus Prime X399-A, firmware version 1206.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Geremia19,

or do you mean have set AMD fTPM and Trusted Computing disabled in bios utility, but both of them shows enabled in bios utility after restart?
Have you restored bios to all default settings and adjusted again?
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
set AMD fTPM and Trusted Computing disabled in bios utility, but both of them shows enabled in bios utility after restart?
That's correct.
STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Have you restored bios to all default settings and adjusted again?
I flashbacked to the previous BIOS version and flashbacked again to 1206, and I still get this issue that fTPM re-enables after reboot (Trusted Computing stays disabled between reboots).

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Geremia19,

Have you saved the settings before exited bios? and all other settings are deault?
Was it working fine on previous bios version(1203)?
May I have the following information?
-the brand and the model name od your CPU, RAM(such as G.SKILL F4-3200C14Q-32GFX ), VGA, PSU
-the serial number of your motherboard via private message
- a video about how you setup and restart
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Have you saved the settings before exited bios? and all other settings are deault?
Yes, I got the issue even after flashing CMOS.
STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Was it working fine on previous bios version(1203)?
I don't think so, because I was getting the "BIOS is updating LED firmware. Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure..." issue (with >1 graphics card installed) on 1203, too. That issue seemed to go away only when fTPM and Trusted Computing are disabled.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
-the brand and the model name od your CPU, RAM(such as G.SKILL F4-3200C14Q-32GFX ), VGA, PSU
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory for AMD Threadripper - Black (CMK32GX4M4Z3200C16)
VGA: GeForce GT 710 1GB
PSU: Corsair RM-1000x (1000 watts)

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
-the serial number of your motherboard via private message
Sent.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Geremia19,

Thank you for your information.
Please check your pm for serial number.
Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Geremia19,

After consulted oue technical team, because the fTPM setting have to enable for win11 support, it cannot be disabled.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
After consulted oue technical team, because the fTPM setting have to enable for win11 support, it cannot be disabled.

The "BIOS is updating LED firmware. Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure..." issue with >1 graphics card must be due to something else, then, like a bad graphics card or its being a non-VGA graphics card?