cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Audio Driver issue

AsusExplorer
Level 7
I'm having an issue with my audio driver installation and this is driving me a little crazy, so any help is appreciated.
I can only get sound from my speakers if I disable the "enable audio enhancements" option in the Sounds/control panel.
The auto jack sensing doesnt seem to work, so when I plug in a headset to the front jack nothing happens.
The "Sonic Stuido 3" app installed but I notice the "Radar" app hasnt.
Also I cant find the Realtek HD Audio manager app, is that supposed to be present?

I feel like the audio driver installation is broken but uninstalling the devices from device manager and re-running the driver install is not fixing it.

Attaching a shot of my device manager with the relevant tabs, can someone who has this board confirm that these devices are the same as theirs?
TIA for your help,

4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
I only installed the Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.8960.1 DH8 that I built, and it worked fine, no longer have hands on that system.

I'd start with that and getting rid of SS3 and radar app. Also wasn't SS3 and radar, only CH8 with these applications (cant remember, just asking) ?
There is patch in CH8 for SS3 and/or radar to get it working with realtek, something like windows update cuased it to disappear off mem.

I dont use either so do keep up with it much, hope you find this helpful.

Thanks, I managed to resolve this issue with the help of this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-amp...

My driver installation was fubar, the DriverStoreExplorer app referenced in that thread basically enabled me to remove all the driver broken bits and then I was able to succesfully install the driver package. Just follow the instructions there.
The package you need for the CDH is the UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB.
Kudos to whoever developed that!

I've installed the SS3 as well as the Realtek Audio Console from MS store and they both work fine with the CDH.
All good!

WolfSchiesst
Level 7
Hi,
you need to deactivate the driver option "Enable signal enhancements" in Advanced tab, then the current Realtek driver version 6.0.8960.1 provided by Asus for the dark hero works fine.
Screenshot (sorry, only German Windows OS available):89941
:cool:

WolfSchiesst wrote:
Hi,
you need to deactivate the driver option "Enable signal enhancements" in Advanced tab, then the current Realtek driver version 6.0.8960.1 provided by Asus for the dark hero works fine.
Screenshot (sorry, only German Windows OS available):89941
:cool:

Hi,

No you musn't do that, if you do that, your audio effects will not work :

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,

REMINDER @ Everyone (but more precisely to those who use Windows 11) : Check that the Enhance audio/Signal Enhancements setting is enabled (otherwise your audio effects will not work) :

Windows 11

Right click on sound icon tray > Audio settings > Click on your audio output/input devices to enter in their Properties :

Windows 10

Right click on sound icon tray > Sound > Playback/Recording tab > Click on your audio playback/recording devices > Properties > Advanced tab :

The ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero is an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.