cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Install Error 100 - Always Reproduces!

mimarsinan
Level 9
Hello all,

Enjoying my Strix Scar 17" 2021. Very much, except for the MyAsus and Armoury Crate software.

This thread is for Armoury Crate, so here goes:

1. I *always* get error 100 while installing on my production system. Please see screenshot.
2. I do have a stable Internet connection.
3. When installing onto a clean machine, I get error 11, error 100, or success - roughly randomly with equal distribution.
4. I can *not* use a clean machine, I *must* install this on top of my existing Windows installation which works 100% fine, _except_ some Asus software.

Here's my requests:

a. Is a description of error codes available somewhere?
b. Is there an offline install package available somewhere?
c. Is there a formal list of dependencies available anywhere, so I may manually install them and ensure they are properly working?
d. Is there an installation log available, so I may review it and see why the setup is always choking?

And here's what I've tried:

i. Various YouTube videos suggesting installing an old, MSI installer based Armoury Service, removing it, etc.
ii. Same as above, suggesting using the Armoury Crate uninstallation tool.
iii. Various combinations of the above.
iv. The most I got was that when I click the fan button on my PC, it shows "Silent/Performance/Turbo" in the middle of the screen. Armoury Crate never installed.

I have spent literally 8 days on this. It shouldn't be so hard, and I do need to wrap this up soon before my 14 day return window is up. Technical support are no help - they sent me a generic problem report document that asks me all kinds of generic questions with a bent towards a hardware error. This is a software issue. When I install my factory image Asus, Armoury Crate works fine (although, uninstalling it and then reinstalling it there is also very error prone and mostly fails).

I have even tried to do a setup capture inside virtual machines for Armoury Crate. Sadly since its a "modern" app, you cannot reliably capture it. Even if you can, when you install it on your target system, it basically ends up ruining the target system. I will not comment on the choice of using a "modern" app here.

Suffice to say I know what I am doing and I have really tried everything. This is the toughest OEM installation I have seen in my career. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Related Issues:

MyAsus Failing to Download/Install Driver Updates: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125568
Broken Asus Website Driver Downloads: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125569
9 REPLIES 9

mimarsinan
Level 9
There's some updates on this related thread:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125569

Basically some Asus drivers randomly fail to extract on some OS images, while working (at least so far) on the OS image they ship the device with.

This kind of pickiness on part of what ought to be a robust self-extractor/installer app could explain many of the seemingly random issues people are having with grouped installers, such as this "crate" install. If any of the components it downloads then fail to extract properly in this manner, it would explain the random issues people are having seemingly all over the Internet.

Asus, its 2021. Use a proper installer or self-extractor program. Its not that difficult. What you have is buggy and is limiting and costing your customers days and weeks of time. I'm sure you can do an online search to find a better solution than what you are using.

I am here to help if you want to get to the bottom of this for *all* your customers. I am typing this on my stable production OS image which, works for all other apps but some Asus payload extractors. Let's get this fixed, people!

polyh3dron
Level 9
This is happening to me on my X570 Dark Hero-based computer as well. Asus needs to fix this and fast.

Hey! I tried for 2 days to fix this problem with my Zephyrus g 14 and I got it! I did a lot of monipulations, created user profiles in Windows and tried to install ARMORY CRATE from under these profiles, nothing worked for me. Then I went into safe mode, launched the installer, but nothing happened. I rebooted into normal mode and after I went to my profile, the installer window was automatically opened for me. As usual, I tried to install the program for the hundredth time and everything worked out. I think it was Safe Mode that helped me. Try this method and sign here. I will be grateful. If this method turns out to be working, then it will help a lot of users. I will not check it myself, since I am not deleting ARMORY CRATE again. Good luck 🙂

I forgot to add that before that I removed all the software from Asus using the uninstall utility, I also cleared all the folders in the Program Files and Program Files x86 directories. Perhaps this is important.

Asus, do you have any updates regarding this thread? I was promised a turnaround time of 24-48 hours after sending in my now completed problem report form with lots of hardware information on what is clearly a software issue, but there's no response yet from anyone.

This is the reply I got from Asus:

"After collaborating with our support staff, we are now able to provide you with a recommendation on how to address your concern. Our team has suggested to please check with your local region for support as US regional notebooks come with the preloaded software and OS. If your notebook comes with no OS, you will need to contact your local region for the drivers. You can try our drivers but not sure if they are compatible with your region. I see where your device is zoned for EEMEA. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Please see link: https://rog.asus.com/supportonly/g733qs/helpdesk_download

Armoury Crate installer: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/AarmouryCrate/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip"

This is a joke, right? Is there anybody senior here who may provide actually meaningful assistance? The self-extractor packages built by Asus fail to extract on a large variety of operating systems. This has nothing to do with zoning or anything else.

Today's brilliant reply from Asus includes the following verbiage:

Since your product is not zoned for North America, our local repair center may not have parts to complete service. There would also be a cost associated with any repair service provided in the US. In addition, repair times may be longer due to parts availability and overseas shipping. A US or CA address would also be required for us to return the unit to after repair. It would be best to contact the original region for servicing.

I have never seen a company so resistant to escalation before!

What will it take for them to understand this is a software issue, and not a hardware issue?

The root cause of this issue has been identified and resolved in this thread:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125569-Empty-Driver-Downloads-for-ROG-Strix-Scar-17-quot-2...

ASUS have provided absolutely no help and continue to ignore the issue with their extremely sensitive self-extraction software.

ASUS, FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR ALL YOUR USERS WORLDWIDE!!!

Blake1
Level 10
Hello mimarsinan,
Thank you very much for sharing this with us.
I have reviewed all your related posts and reported to related department.
This post will be closed and kept for record.