cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME Motherboard - AMD X57

Assyrian
Level 7
Hi guys i have buy the new ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - AMD X57 motherboard but i have problems i cant fint the W_Pump Port for my NZXT Kraken Z73 and its same with HD audio Port for my Case ASUS ROG STRIX Helios GX601
this motherboard make me sick i think its not support with ASUS ROG STRIX Helios GX601 Case... maybe i have buy the wrong case for this Build !!
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG STRIX OC - 24GB GDDR6X
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X CPU - 16 core 3.4 GHz - AMD AM 1
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - AMD X57
ASUS ROG STRIX Helios GX601
G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600 C16 QC (AMD) - 64GB
NZXT Kraken Z73 - CPU Liquid Cooler - Max 36 dBA
Samsung 980 PRO SSD PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 - 1TB
ASUS ROG Thor-1200P Platinum Power Supply 1200W
if anyone know where can i find the port for HD audio Port and W_Pump Port pllz tel me !!!
7 REPLIES 7

Artech-Orb
Level 8
Hello, Assyrian,

I have been researching my next build, and was looking into the 'ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME Motherboard - AMD X570'. It looks impressive, and as you can see in my specs I have the previous Gen. of the particular board. Now I am going to give you the same advice I give anyone doing a new build, 'read the user manual start to finish'. Before you start the build, this ensures that you see and catch any particular's about the Motherboard before you start and can prepare for them. For my Build I used a 'custom EK cooling loop', deciding this after reading the user manual. Before I started my build I actually had bought a 'Corsair H150i Pro', but decided against it because of advice online and the user manual, and went with the EK loop instead.

So, the HD audio of the Motherboard seems to be mention on page 1-21 section 19 of the user manual, in which it says: Front Panel Audio Header 'We recommend that you connect a high-definition front panel audio module to this connector to avail of the motherboards high-definition audio capability.

Now to the W_Pump Port, there seem to be 2 of them mentioned on page 1-9 section 4, W_PUMP+1=E, W_PUMP+2=H, now I'm sure you can see this, but I would just like to mention depending on you're setup you may need the 'Liquid Cooling System Headers' mentioned on page 1-10 section 6, these are not shown on page 1-9 and may be the connectors you are looking for. I hope this helps you with you're build being completed successfully. Good luck.

ARTECH-ORB

Assyrian
Level 7
thank you Artech-Orb all don 😉
i have another problem the PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios i cant install the winodws 10 !!! the bios has been updated to latest version !

Hello, Assyrian,

Sorry about the response time, busy, busy, you know how it is!

As you can see in my specifications I have the 'Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB' installed, I had to 'reseat' this 3 times before the system recognized that it was even installed. It was a headache but it eventually worked, and, I've had no issues with it since then. 'Reseat' means to just remove and replace the same hardware, do this until the BIOS see's the device.

I hope this helps you with you're build being completed successfully. Good luck.

ARTECH-ORB

Artech-Orb wrote:
Hello, Assyrian,

Sorry about the response time, busy, busy, you know how it is!

As you can see in my specifications I have the 'Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB' installed, I had to 'reseat' this 3 times before the system recognized that it was even installed. It was a headache but it eventually worked, and, I've had no issues with it since then. 'Reseat' means to just remove and replace the same hardware, do this until the BIOS see's the device.

I hope this helps you with you're build being completed successfully. Good luck.

ARTECH-ORB

Hello Assyrian, Please shut-down your PC before 'reseating' your M.2 drive.

Most likely your motherboard's factory M.2 connector is not designed to support hot swap, without electrically damaging either the drive or the motherboard.

Assyrian wrote:
i have another problem the PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios i cant install the winodws 10 !!! the bios has been updated to latest version !

Here follow this procedure to get M2 working.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125012-Asus-crosshair-vi-hero-NVMe-SSD-Not-working#post839...

Assyrian
Level 7
Hi guys I have fixe the problem was in the bios I have change some options in CPU PCIE configuration Mode...! all work it's don now ! i can see my M.2 ssd 🙂 thank you soo much guys 🙂 God bless you all

Hello, Assyrian,

Sorry, I assumed you did know to power down the system before you reseat the 'PCIe M.2 SSD', as it says this in the instruction.

Anyway glad to see you're up and running, and some good 3D Mark scores racked up. Good luck with tuning that beast!

ARTECH-ORB