cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Time Frame

mike43302
Level 7
Anyone know how long to expect on an RMA for a G74SX? I am getting a blackscreen & have tried things suggest by tech support over the phone & possible solutions seen on this forum with no luck. Computer is less than 2 months old & worked great till it stopped working.
Mike
5 REPLIES 5

Tech_Rat
Level 9
From what I understand, it's 2-6 weeks, averaging closer to the 3 week mark. That's all speculation off of other posts, however. I've not needed an RMA(lucky me). Maybe a victim of RMA would be better suited.

hpx909
Level 7
When these things first came out and they only had basically two service centers running it as 2-6 weeks. Now it seems that they have contracted some of the service out to other service centers and the last time I had to RMA to fix a broken lvds cable the turnaround was less than a week. They fixed it the same day they got it. So I guess depending on where you get it sent, what needs to be done, their workload at the time and if they have to ship your part in, it might be real quick or real slow.

I live in Indiana, and was told to RMA my G74sx (Big white dot, keyboard skipping keys, very loud CD/DVD burning) to Milpitas, CA. I live in Indiana. It took the USPS 7 days to deliver my G74SX to the RAM place, which was yesterday. So, I am wondering about how long I should be waiting to get my unit back. I really miss having it here, and it's only been 8 days now. LOL
Anyone else have to send theirs to Milpitas, CA? If so, how was the unit once you received it back? About how long does it take for them to do the repairs?
This is my second G74SX ROG computer. The first one I had was flawless. Had no problems what so ever. The only problem it did have was that someone thought they would like to have it more than me and took it. I guess that's what happens when you have a Great laptop.
Thanks!
Thomas

hi,
i think it depends on the problem, i had problems with my keyboard previously and it took them 4 days from the beginning to the end.

grayrock wrote:
I live in Indiana, and was told to RMA my G74sx (Big white dot, keyboard skipping keys, very loud CD/DVD burning) to Milpitas, CA. I live in Indiana. It took the USPS 7 days to deliver my G74SX to the RAM place, which was yesterday. So, I am wondering about how long I should be waiting to get my unit back. I really miss having it here, and it's only been 8 days now. LOL
Anyone else have to send theirs to Milpitas, CA? If so, how was the unit once you received it back? About how long does it take for them to do the repairs?
This is my second G74SX ROG computer. The first one I had was flawless. Had no problems what so ever. The only problem it did have was that someone thought they would like to have it more than me and took it. I guess that's what happens when you have a Great laptop.
Thanks!
Thomas

Let me know how long it takes to get yours repaired, I am going to try & get mine sent in tomorrow.