cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Richie

richardjbekier
Level 7
Ihi i have an ASUS CROSSHAIR V111 DARK HERO motherboard, basically i went into bios uefi advanced section and told them i had a water cooled cpu fan as i have the corsair 115i pro then my monitor went blank and cant get back into bios at all ive checked hdmi and its ok,the pc also lights up as normal rgb fans ok, yellow light is now there with "Ad" in Q-code! Can anyone help as id be extremely grateful yhis was my first build and yes i dont know much about this stuff at moment! Thank you first of all.
1 REPLY 1

xmanrigger
Level 12
Wow, Asus needs to work on the user manual for this mobo. No description of the rear I/O panel or mention of CMOS/BIOS reset. Had to look at pictures in website to establish where the reset jumper/button is.

Anyways, according the Q-Code table, system is ready to boot. Try resetting the BIOS with the button on the top right of rear I/O panel, 'Clear CMOS'. If you can now get into BIOS, set it to default (F5), save and restart. If PC now boots, it was a BIOS setting. If it still doesnt, try the following:

1) Unplug all unnecessary USB devices. Have only keyboard and mouse plugged in. If it now boots, faulty USB port or device.

2) Ensure the AIO cooler is plugged into proper headers. To eliminate this from the problem, plug AIO into PSU cable instead of mobo header and see if problem persists.

3) Try a different HDMI or Displayport cable.

4) Ensure all PSU power plugs are fully seated.

5) Try re-seating GPU and Memory.

6) Ensure CPU is seated properly in socket.

I am no expert, but with what you described, this is what I would start with.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil