Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXanthus View Post
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46181797

I don't think that is the right test as it only test a single card.
    You are not using DOCP for your memory, set at 3200 not 3600. adjust this and retest.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    You are not using DOCP for your memory, set at 3200 not 3600. adjust this and retest.
    Thank you for the tip. I have changed the memory to 3600 before it makes about a 3% difference in speed increase, not worth the trouble on a 4000 dolor processor overclocking its IMC and risking damage. The real issue is these Asus 3090 EKWB video cards are getting power kneecap when using the SLI bus.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Well.....something not adding up
    Heres my pathetic score for a 10980XE @ 4.8 GHz all cores and pair of 2080Tis @ 2130Mhz

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/17123803

You can also increase CPU score by disabling hyperthreading. I dont do it but it will result in a better CPU score anyhow.

My equally crappy unoptomized with everything running in the background user bench

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46195292
    Last edited by BigJohnny; 09-12-2021 at 03:49 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Well.....something not adding up
    Heres my pathetic score for a 10980XE @ 4.8 GHz all cores and pair of 2080Tis @ 2130Mhz

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/17123803

You can also increase CPU score by disabling hyperthreading. I dont do it but it will result in a better CPU score anyhow.

My equally crappy unoptomized with everything running in the background user bench

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46195292

BigJohnny, I believe we have figured out the issue. The only problem is when using the ASUS EKWB cards in SLI mode, both cards are limited to a max of 280 watts instead of 350 watts each. What I am looking for is a reason why and how to fix it.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XIII Apex
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-11900K
    Memory (part number)F4-5333C22D-16GVK
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530
    CPU CoolerOptimus Signature V2
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Can you check your Nvidia Control Panel settings, Manage 3D Settings, than open Global Settings, scroll down to Power Management mode, and confirm "Prefer maximum performance" is set, and OpenGL rendering GPU is set at "Auto-select"

Than run AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark, please disable the CPU test by unchecking it's checkbox, the panel will switch to dual-GPU mode where the first column is used for displaying results for GPU1, and the second for GPU2. To see the combined performance of both GPUs, just check the CPU checkbox again after the benchmark has been completed, and the interface will switch back to the default layout.

Single card default settings run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpgpu.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	89955
    Last edited by Braegnok; 09-12-2021 at 04:04 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    Can you check your Nvidia Control Panel settings, Manage 3D Settings, than open Global Settings, scroll down to Power Management mode, and confirm "Prefer maximum performance" is set, and OpenGL rendering GPU is set at "Auto-select"

Than run AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark, please disable the CPU test by unchecking it's checkbox, the panel will switch to dual-GPU mode where the first column is used for displaying results for GPU1, and the second for GPU2. To see the combined performance of both GPUs, just check the CPU checkbox again after the benchmark has been completed, and the interface will switch back to the default layout.

Single card default settings run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpgpu.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	89955

Braegnok, thank you for taking the time to research this problem with me. Sorry, it took me so long to get to run this test. I had to write an article on why you should upgrade to ACI or DCNM fabric from a traditional three-tier network in the real world. BTW I love this AIDA64 tester. I went ahead and purchased it. It shows us exactly what I feared OpenGL works excellent, but anything that traverses the SLI will cause the card to go into a governed power state to 280 watts.
    Here are the results of my pair of troubled ASUS EKWB 3090.

For comparison, I ran it on my other computer. I think it is great because it proves the point that the faster memory MHz wise is not always better than less latency. My main computer has 3200Mhz ram; this older computer only has 1867Mhz ram, and this slower memory is about 20% faster on the reads.

Braegnok PC Specs
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    OS Windows 11 Pro

Glad to help,

You might have an option to fix the power issue using Nvidia NVFlash. Flash cards with Compatible, Verified micro code/bios or contact Asus Engineer about writing a new bios for your EKWB card.

I have flashed several Custom PCB cards with no issues. The power 2x8-pin, stages, PCB need to match for best results.

Your cards are Reference PCB, 2x8-pin, and have 20 power stages,.. I do not see any cards that match. https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...-club.1753930/

Might be worthwhile contacting an Asus Engineer about this issue, and if a new micro code/bios for your cards with a higher power limit will resolve issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    Glad to help,

You might have an option to fix the power issue using Nvidia NVFlash. Flash cards with Compatible, Verified micro code/bios or contact Asus Engineer about writing a new bios for your EKWB card.

I have flashed several Custom PCB cards with no issues. The power 2x8-pin, stages, PCB need to match for best results.

Your cards are Reference PCB, 2x8-pin, and have 20 power stages,.. I do not see any cards that match. https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...-club.1753930/

Might be worthwhile contacting an Asus Engineer about this issue, and if a new micro code/bios for your cards with a higher power limit will resolve issue.

Thank you Braegnok, I am very new to Asus video cards and inexperienced in contacting an Asus Engineer. I want to avoid the normal support process as it would be a complete waste of time for both parties. Could you please PM me on the best method?

Braegnok PC Specs
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    OS Windows 11 Pro

PM sent.

Also I have another work around worth testing, it requires you to install Linux on a drive, can use a flashdrive.

Running Linux OS you can use nvidia-smi commands and a script to set a power limit on RTX 3090s, (only available on Linux) This script keeps the Nvidia kernel modules from unloading.

This post will show you the set-up to have GPU power limits set automatically at boot by using a simple script and a systemd Unit File,.. in the example they use the script to lower power from 350 down to 280W on a quad-SLI system,.. for your cards just type in 365W increase from default 350W @ boot. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/hp...idia-smi-1983/
    Last edited by Braegnok; 09-14-2021 at 01:50 AM.

New ROGer Array

I love Puget systems. I already read that article, and I understood this is a runtime change in Linux and not a permeant change to the cards. So when I reboot into windows, the difference would be lost.

I prefer to stick with option A and get an Asus Engineer to fix the bios.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast