Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Asus people sometimes chime in on this forum but not always. I don't think opening a service ticket with Asus is going to get you anything other than frustration. I suggest reaching out to SILENT SCONE@ROG on this forum. There is also an Asus guy that posts beta BIOS files on Overclock.net - user name safedisk. Here is a link to his posting of mobo beta BIOS files for a bunch of X570 boards.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/as.../post-28865069

Then there is u/ASUSTechMKTJJ on https://www.reddit.com/user/ASUSTechMKTJJ/. He posts announcements of Asus BIOS releases on Reddit. Finally, there is the Asus PC DIY group on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASUSPCDIY.

I suggest reaching out to these guys and see if you can get a response - at least an acknowledgement that they are capping the power in the manner you have discovered.

Good luck!

New ROGer Array

@BillBittel thank you for the sage advice. I will do that.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXanthus View Post
    @BillBittel thank you for the sage advice. I will do that.
    Well they are just suggestions so I can't promise that you will get anywhere. Luckily, I have not had to personally experience the Asus support system, but I have read enough horror stories to suspect that you will not get this resolved through that path. All you are going to get is some difficult to understand person reading from a script, suggesting that you reboot, make sure the card is fully seated, check power connections to PSU, etc.

I can only imagine your level of frustration, having actually managed to acquire 2 of these very difficult to obtain GPUs, only to discover that they are imposing this crazy low power limit. You need to communicate with the people at Asus that are actually involved with BIOS development and distribution. The contact info I listed above is the only way I know of to try to do that. Good luck!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    Well they are just suggestions so I can't promise that you will get anywhere. Luckily, I have not had to personally experience the Asus support system, but I have read enough horror stories to suspect that you will not get this resolved through that path. All you are going to get is some difficult to understand person reading from a script, suggesting that you reboot, make sure the card is fully seated, check power connections to PSU, etc.

I can only imagine your level of frustration, having actually managed to acquire 2 of these very difficult to obtain GPUs, only to discover that they are imposing this crazy low power limit. You need to communicate with the people at Asus that are actually involved with BIOS development and distribution. The contact info I listed above is the only way I know of to try to do that. Good luck!
    BillBittel, thank you for the kind words. I feel more embarrassed than frustrated. I spent close to 16k between the CPU, Memory, motherboard, and dual 3090’s during the height of the pandemic, and it runs slower than my eight-year-old computer.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,

The problem with SLI today is that support is waning to put it mildly. NVIDIA have been slowly phasing out its existence for quite a while now.

Speaking from personal experience with synthetic bench trouble with SLI and Futuremark applications, have you tried reaching out to them? Last time I had issues with the suite and SLI scaling some years ago, their support was helpful.

There are a few titles such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider that still have impressive scaling. Might help gauge where the issue is coming from.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4